Since the last post I wrote on Datamonitor/Ovum/Butler after Mark Meek and David Mitchell came to present at the IIAR London Forum, they have been busy streamlining the organisation and bring together their research products.
I’ve had many conversations with them, and as far as I can tell, they seem to be executing well:
– As promised, the IT brands have all been consolidated under Ovum. Datamonitor provides the line-of business/non-IT research and Orbys provides sourcing research. Butler events are to be co-branded, as Ovum Butler.
– Clients should now have a single sales rep, apart from large international clients where it makes sense to have sales representatives in each market e.g. US and EMEA
– The research portfolio is being consolidated, and new research will all be in a consistent format. This process will take place over the next 3 months or so
– There will be a single team of analysts, with topic coverage areas grouped by horizontal technologies and services under Tim Jennings and the verticals under Ian Charlesworth
– The telco is pretty much unchanged, apart from the addition of a new set of contact centre research
Ovum’s running a webinar tomorrow; I’ve pasted the invite below with their permission.
What do you think?