We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead our analyst relations program. Reporting to the vice president of global communications, this director level position will play a key role in managing and growing relationships within the industry analyst community on behalf of FireEye.
An ideal candidate will have experience running analyst relations at a security or enterprise software company. This role requires a strong leader to manage relationships with key analysts and senior leaders at the company to develop a constructive, consultative relationship between FireEye and the analyst community.
This individual excels at the fundamentals: bringing established relationships with leading industry analyst firms, and a proven track record of managing analyst relationships, strategic planning and execution of briefings, analyst tours and strategy days, and growing coverage and favorable product evaluations performed by analyst firms.
At FireEye innovation is at the heart of everything we do – including analyst relations. We excel at the fundamentals and push to constantly rethink how we run programs, engage with analyst and keep this key audience informed. If you want to push the definition of an analyst relations position, become a strategic advisor to the business and find new ways to engage this key audience, we want to hear from you.
- Manage and grow analyst relations program to influence key industry analysts in areas related to security
- Manage executive participation in analyst interactions and build and improve the bench of spokespeople across the organization
- Work with teams such as PR, product marketing, product management and vertical marketing to leverage industry analysts across both inbound and outbound activities
- Oversee and manage all ongoing contracts with industry analyst firms
- Provide sales with silver bullet information extracted from analyst coverage reports
- Participate with other senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives surrounding outreach to industry analysts
- Interact with and support the business, solution management, field marketing, solution/partner marketing, field sales, other comms functions, globally and with specific regions as needed
- Drive the execution of proactive product inbound/outbound communications to generate strategic engagement & advice with/from the analyst community
- Generate Analyst Relations content, including briefing documents, messaging, competitive positioning, rebuttals and responses to crises and issues
- Generate opportunities to utilize analyst knowledge for product launches
- Contribute to and review material and content for outward facing communications
- Monitor and engage in relevant social media forums
- Work collaboratively with regional teams to help adapt content & advise on global strategies so local teams can adapt
- Will need to be or become a content expert for a given set of topics
- Manage reporting, results analysis and distribution
- Combination of agency or consulting and in-house experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in communications and analyst relations programs
- 10+ years of analyst relations management or other relevant experience
- Experience working directly with executives, product management and product marketing functions
- Knowledge of trends in communications and analyst relations
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills with keen ability to explain complex concepts across the organization and to large audiences
- Combination of agency, consulting and in-house experience strongly preferred
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,500 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.