The Manager of Media & Analyst Relations, International, serves as a communications consultant for the international markets with the insurance division of LexisNexis Risk Solutions.
This is a highly visible role designed for someone who loves public relations and working with senior leaders and collaborative teams to build awareness for our business. On a daily basis, you will liaise with marketing colleagues and PR firms across the UK, India and Brazil to coordinate product launches, announcements and other PR thought leadership campaigns promoting our technology, expertise and people. In some instances, you may be executing an existing PR strategy, and in other instances, you will be developing the PR strategy from scratch and securing buy-in across a global matrixed organisation. You will also liaise with our social media experts on social conversations and timing for integrated marketing campaigns.
You will work regularly with business leaders and marketing colleagues who are subject matter experts to turn their unique points of view on trending topics into positive media coverage, help them comment on breaking news items and ensure they are trained and prepped to speak with media and analyst influencers.
Insurance practices vary across these international geographies. The ideal candidate is someone who can manage volumes of information and make recommendations to fit the business objectives and priorities while also aligning to global and local marketing objectives. We are seeking a professional self-starter, one who is willing to dig in and learn our business, driven by challenge and enthusiastic for success, in this important function within our innovative, growing company.
This position assists in the development and execution of public relations including media and analyst relations, in concert with the mission, business goals and core values of LexisNexis Risk Solutions and its insurance business to key stakeholders within the United Kingdom, India, Brazil, Spain and other emerging markets.
• In partnership with business leaders, understand key drivers of each geography (U.K., India, Brazil and Spain) as well as the vertical segments (e.g. motor, home, property, life, as well as claims and telematics) served by each region, reinforce the strengths of expertise for geography to targeted press and analyst audiences, to execute integrated communications plans and elevate the brand
• Oversee a media and analyst relations program, including proactive outreach and relationship development with key insurance industry analysts that cover our businesses as well as inbound inquiries from news media and other influencers
• Develop and execute thought leadership industry campaigns to position LexisNexis Risk Solutions and its insurance solutions competitively in the marketplace, including working with each geography’s local executives and company spokespersons, facilitating media training and identifying opportunities to participate in industry and newsmaker events
• Develop externals communications materials including news releases, media kit materials, briefs and other materials, such as key messaging/talking points in preparation for media interviews and analyst briefings
• Work with digital team to develop and implement social media strategies related to proactive outreach and monitoring, including blogs, social networks and other channels
• Work with external agencies, other vendors and communications and marketing team members to define and measure success that meet insurance business objectives
• Manage external agencies and other vendors in each geography developing and executing on each geography’s PR content plan in concert with marketing team members and in coordination with Global Director, Media & Analyst Relations
• Other business unit projects as requested
• Note: 30% Travel in UK and Internationally as required
• Demonstrated experience working across geographies reporting to and collaborating with teams in multiple regions
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated success developing and managing programs and relationships with senior management and cross-functional teams within a corporate or agency function
• Results-focused approach, commitment to go the extra mile
• Demonstrated experience and success in B2B external communications working with media (TV, radio, print, Internet), industry analysts and social media. Some B2C experience is a plus
• Track-record of success in an environment where change is constant; fast paced and often with strict deadlines
• Ability to synthesise large amounts of information into consolidated, compelling messages
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a deadline driven environment
• Experience utilising a number of communication vehicles to deliver messages
• Excellent written and communication skills
• History of collaborative, collegial working relationships, preferably in a matrix model
• An undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a related field, masters preferred
• Extensive and proven background and experience in corporate, marketing, communications or media relations
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, great benefits (including 28.5 days annual holiday and 8 Bank/Hols, health cover, pension and share scheme), world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
LexisNexis® has been managing sensitive data for more than 40 years, supporting 80 percent of the Fortune 500 companies and we currently do business with 8 of the world’s top 10 banks. We also have customers in more than 100 countries worldwide, providing them access to 45 billion total records from 10,000+ different sources, that are all processed through our unique HPCC Systems at over 90 million transactions per hour.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this role click here
You must log in to post a comment.