They are currently looking to significantly scale up their activities across a range of new market segments. This is a newly created senior role to own all strategic and operational marketing activities.
The part-time VP Marketing will be responsible for creating a well-defined and articulated marketing strategy, targeting the right customer needs and opportunities, as well as efficient marketing-supported execution through conventional sales or digital demand generation.
They are looking for an individual who can grasp the technical complexities of the industry, think strategically, as well as ensure successful marketing execution, be that from the team they manage or with their own sleeves rolled up. Working closely with the CEO and Head of Sales, the candidate will move comfortably between market analysis, product strategy and pioneering effective demand generation campaigns.
The successful candidate will significantly impact the firm’s growth and profitability by taking ownership of brand, product positioning, product marketing and go-to-market strategies for the full portfolio of their secure mobility products and solutions.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Strategic planning, including market analysis, product positioning and go to market strategies
- Develop all marketing communications and own data content including branding, website, public relations, social media, analyst relations, events and collateral
- Create and manage programs for demand and lead generation
- Work closely with the Head of Sales to develop and manage channel and partner strategies and programs, tracking metrics and success criteria
- Oversee product management including market and customer research for product requirements. Liaise with engineering for product development, pricing and lifecycle management
- Manage product marketing including product launch management, sales and partner training, presentations and sales tools
- Engage with the CEO and executive team members to identify and develop strategic alliances.
- Significant (8+ years) marketing management and / or product marketing experience in the software industry, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven B2B marketing skills with a track record achieving revenue and profitability goals
- Willing and able to take a practical hands-on and strategic marketing role in an agile, entrepreneurial and growing business
- Strong commercial acumen and good proposal development – monitor and analyse market trends, competitors’ products and services
- Experience in strategic planning and collaboration with executive, product, sales and other key operational and strategic groups
- Proven ability to quickly learn new and evolving technologies and translate technical specs and product features into product benefits and customer use cases
- Empathetic communicator and influencer with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional and / or remote teams
- Experience managing and motivating marketing and / or product marketing teams
- Experience conducting comprehensive research and developing internal and external briefing materials, including white papers, for a broad audience
- Experience of and confident in dealing with analysts and media
- Driving licence and willing to travel.
- Competitive package based on skills and experience
- Up to £100K FTE basic salary
- Profit related bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Wide range of employee benefits, including private medical insurance, pension scheme and life cover.
Location: Central London
Salary: Competitive including a profit related bonus (dependent on skills and experience)
See more and apply: <<Here>>