Symantec – EMEA Corporate Communication Programme Manager
Symantec makes the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.
As the fourth largest independent software company in the world, Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries with 475 out of Fortune’s global 500 companies using our solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join the EMEA Corporate Communication team and a play a part in telling that story across the region.
The Corporate Communication Programme Manager plays a key role within the EMEA team and reports directly to the Corporate Communication Director. The remit is to ensure the smooth functioning of the team from information flow, to budgeting, to planning to programme management of activities and events.
- Team coordination:
- Planning, scheduling and driving team meetings
- Managing follow up and actions from team meetings
- Budget management:
- Forecasting and tracking of budget
- Financial planning and reporting
- Regional PR lead for Global projects:
- Manage executive media tours to region
- Coordinate with the Global team on campaigns and programmes – consolidate feedback and represent regional viewpoint on Global calls.
- Oversee execution of Global campaigns across the region in terms of content sharing and reviewing localised press materials
- Programme manage and share content and information on Global and Regional programmes
- Work with the regional agency team to create templates for briefing books and press materials to ensure consistency; create and manage timelines; manage the global reporting process
- Other PR operational responsibilities:
- Standardise regional templates for executive bios; briefing books etc
- Quality on control materials
- Manage and maintain internal systems and tools including Quickbase and sharepoint
- Track and drive media reviews for the region
- Consolidation and collection of information for stakeholder reports
- Process management
- Work with regional PR agency to review and compile regional quarterly reports
- Order PR collateral including product samples
- Work closely with product marketing to organise product training
- Manage spokesperson training programme
- Support the PR planning process
Self-starter with proven ability to work successfully at various levels of an organisation and across geographies. The successful candidate will have 2 years of public relations experience, have a passion for technology and a customer centric approach.
- A full command of public relations concepts
- Experience of managing a multi-country region in a central/EMEA team environment
- First class organisational and project management skills
- B2B and B2C experience gained from working with recognised brands in the tech / consumer tech space
- Media relations or at least an appreciation of media relations extending the full spectrum of media desirable
- Strength in agency management and management of outside resources (suppliers)
- A strong ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise responsibilities
- The ability to fully understand business issues and manage high impact and critical communications situations
- Fully fluent in English with a multi-cultural outlook
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Flexible ‘can do’ attitude and collaborative work style
- Flawless execution and attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Boundless energy and enthusiasm
- IIAR Membership preferred, although not essential
All applications and inquiries to be made through here.