We’re Cynergy, a premier experience agency in search of a creative, organized, and energetic Analyst Relations/Public Relations Specialist to join our Marketing team. You will play a key role in educating and informing industry analysts, press and the public about Cynergy and our services. The main task here is to support Sales and Marketing efforts by driving awareness of the company and services through the analyst, social and press routes and to foster relations within the market. We’re looking for an experienced AR/PR professional with a knowledge and background in technology who is passionate, strategic and organized.
We want someone who can understand our messaging, brand and strategic direction to develop, manage and execute a measurable strategy that improves Cynergy’s awareness and understanding at the analyst, press, consultant, strategic partners and end user levels. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, experience managing an analyst relations program and public outreach and an ability to think strategically and on their feet.
You will oversee all of our public outreach efforts via industry analysts, traditional and social media. This role will require the ability to decipher strategic needs and maintain, enhance and develop internal and external relationships that enhance our sales and marketing initiatives, humanize our brand and connect with our clients. It will also demand exceptional organization and readiness to support others.
- Develop, manage and execute strategic AR and PR plans
- Plan and direct strategic industry analyst activities focused on establishing and building relationships with key analysts, and with ensuring analysts can clearly and accurately articulate who we are and what we do
- Drive thought leadership activity across traditional and Social Media outlets
- Handle media and analyst inquiries
- Identify and brief executives on market trends and data from analyst reports, press and social media
- Schedule analyst briefings, coordinate and prep Cynergy participants
- Work with analysts to fulfill internal requirements for information, sales support and strategy validation
- Create media opportunities and social media engagement
- Prepare and issue press releases in accordance with the public relations plan and as required
- Develop and maintain a global media contacts database
- Coordinate and facilitate Cynergy’s media spokespeople
- Provide a written weekly update on Cynergy’s analyst relations, social media and public relations activities and circulate internally
Passion and creativity, with a solid track record for success. This is a mid-level position for someone hungry to grow and help us succeed. You should have at least 2+ years of experience managing an analyst relations program, with a resume to prove it. A strong education or college degree certainly won’t hurt, but demonstrable, qualitative experience in marketing for technology and an impressive knowledge of the analyst, traditional and social media landscape is what will get you hired.
You must have a willingness to take criticism, and have the ability to defend your work. If something doesn’t work, you must also have the humility to start from scratch and relish the challenge. This is key. We also strongly prefer someone who can work out of our Houston, TX office.
Additionally, we require an expert knowledge of the web, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Microsoft Office Suite, public relations software (Vocus preferred) and press release distribution services.
So, blow us away. Former employment with Forrester, Gartner or other leading industry analyst firms will receive extra consideration.
Ideal secondary skills:
- Additional marketing, advertising or copywriting experience
- Ping pong
- Video production experience (behind, or in front of camera)
- Working knowledge of web technology, including content management systems, basic HTML, and web video.