Purpose of the Position:
We are looking for a communications strategist to lead analyst relations programmes for our clients. The position needs an individual who can create and deliver comprehensive plans to successfully engage clients with analysts. With sound knowledge of analysts and the technology space, you will be able to create relevant communications to promote and raise awareness of your clients within this community.
- Create effective analyst relations plans for clients to convey their core messages and influence the analyst community
- Implement and manage a range of activities against plan, such as briefings, events and customer/partner references
- Participate in client brainstorming sessions and give strategic advice on how to effectively engage with the analysts
- Prepare clients to maximise the outcome of any engagement, through briefing documentation, prep calls and training with spokespeople
- Facilitate meetings, events and tours. Keep the flow of the client presentation and meeting on track.
- Produce documentation to debrief the client on a meeting and recommend ways to continue developing the relationship with the analyst
- Meet agreed client deadlines and proactively manage client expectations and delivery
- Manage crisis communications. Anticipate potential challenges and develop a plan to put forth appropriate positioning to minimize negative perception.
- Produce monthly reports to review activities and status against plan.
- Regularly monitor, review and forecast budgets, and realign activities accordingly. Know how much time is allocated to each client and project and monitor
- Arrange and attend regular work in progress calls and/or meetings with clients and other Metia teams
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key analysts to fully understand their areas of expertise and opinions.
- With this knowledge, identify relevant ways for clients to communicate with analysts to create a positive perception of their business and strategy
- Gain insight into analysts’ research plans to maximise opportunities for positive client coverage
- Develop a depth of understanding of the issues being written by the analyst community so that you can contribute to the development of analyst relations strategies and client messaging
- Read and monitor key media and analyst reports. Share ideas and influential findings and implications for the business with your client, team or broader agency as appropriate.
- Understand the subject areas that the analysts are discussing and advise your client how they may respond to such topics to obtain positive commentary and analysis
- Proactively present Metia clients to the target analysts
- Lead other account team members on activity to execute against plan
- Review client documentation and support others in communicating with the client on activities
- Mentor and develop other individuals on best practices for analyst relations
- Educate other team members on key industry/client issues and analyst interests to build their knowledge of the industry
- With the support of an account director, be involved in the management and direction of an account executive / junior account manager
- Assist with the maintenance of the analyst relations database
- Participate in “new business” opportunities within the Influence team
- Develop “new business” presentations based on your knowledge of running effective analyst relations plans
This list is not an exhaustive list and you may be asked to undertake ad-hoc projects or additional tasks as reasonably requested by your manager.
- Experience in analyst relations within an agency and/or within the technology industry or at an analyst firm
- Established strong relationships with market analysts and proactively influenced perceptions and reports
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven academic record
- In-depth knowledge of specific area/s of technology and good general knowledge
- Dedicated team player
Applicants can send their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org