Job posted on netapp.com: Netapp: PR and AR Manager – EMEA
Job Summary Job Summary:
The AR/PR manager is a key function under Corporate Marketing and the role will ensure that processes and initiatives from Corporate are understood, adopted and tracked across EMEA with the field marketing teams. The role will work closely with country and GEO teams to determine the field needs and work with Corporate Marketing to deliver upon those needs.
AR: The individual will be responsible for driving a strategic AR program to develop more strategic relationships with the community of EMEA-based analysts, bring analyst insight on direction, products and services to internal teams, broaden visibility of the company, its strategy and core products throughout the EMEA analyst community to help accelerate business. This person will work closely with internal stakeholders (local sales and marketing teams and HQ analyst relations) to identify and tier regional analysts. The EMEA AR manager will be responsible for creating and implementing a tiered analyst relations strategy and program that drives both in-bound and out-bound communications and ensures proactive and results-oriented communication with our analyst community and cultivating analysts to improve their understanding and perception of NetApp so that they can serve as positive customer, partner and media references, as well as leverage analysts for outbound communications through reprints, sponsored whitepapers or surveys, speaking engagements, and webcasts. This position requires: clear, concise and consistent communication skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize while maintaining a sense of humor, and strong relationship building and management skills.
PR: The role will involve helping to develop core public relations strategies designed to increase NetApp awareness throughout EMEA at the local levels and at a pan-EMEA level, enhance and support the NetApp brand with key media and influencers, support overall business and reputation goals, promote customer and partner success stories among influencer audiences, and help NetApp maintain a strong industry leader position. The individual will work closely with internal (sales and marketing executives and managers at the EMEA HQ and in our field offices) and external (PR agencies and consultants in each country) stakeholders to understand key company and sales objectives and priorities and develop actionable PR strategies, plans, and recommended tactics and programs to help drive NetApp business and technology leadership and innovation in the marketplace.
This position requires strong management and matrix management skills and the ability to build and enhance NetApp’s EMEA PR infrastructure for media training, metrics and monthly reporting, and thought leadership.
Job Requirements AR
• Build strong relationships with EMEA analysts to positively impact the perception of NetApp
• Be an advocate for analyst relations in the region, with the ability to plan, track, and measure AR-related results
• Ability to synthesize analyst viewpoints and commentary, drive this information into NetApp, and create appropriate NetApp response without becoming overwhelmed
• Develop and manage proactive communications plans for product launches, strategic initiatives, and relationship development
• Work with local/GEO marketing & HQ AR teams to determine appropriate messages for analyst community
• Manage program logistics, including timing, scheduling, information collection, and staffing
• The confidence, comfort and instinct required to interact with and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders, including executives and strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with many different personality types
• Translate company business objectives into creative and executable PR strategies and programs
• Demonstrate strong judgment in understanding key trends and news elements to develop a successful PR program
• Demonstrate exceptional strategic thinking and planning abilities
• Act as a PR champion with thorough knowledge of developing, implementing, and delivering the appropriate communication vehicles to achieve the desired PR results
• Interact with senior company management, senior communications management, external resources such as agencies and consultants, partner companies,, financial community, industry analyst and other potential external influencers
• Manage proactive and responsive media relations activities, plan strategies and tactics.
• Utilize a multi-stakeholder approach
• Provide strategic counsel to key executive spokespeople on relevant PR activities and programs
• Integrate internal comms and PR for greater synergy where possible
• Manage multiple agencies across EMEA and act as the liaison between HQ and the regions.
• Incorporate “Web 2.0” and “next generation” PR skills and tactics so our program moves beyond “media relations only”
Education and Experience Education & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• At least 10 years experience, preferably in the high tech industry
• A University Degree, or equivalent experience is required
• Subject matter expertise: understanding of NetApp’s business, products, and competitive position
• Understanding of the different requirements of various influencer groups. Ability to sequence communication plans through multiple groups to enhance impact
• Innovative thinking and knowledge of a broad range of media, including being able to develop new media strategies such as blogs and podcasts
• Ability to build a strong network of relationships within NetApp and its external partners, customers, and agencies
• Documented success of developing and executing successful issues-based and thought leadership programs
• Proven track record leveraging entire marketing mix to successfully promote and drive success among media and influencer communities
• Initiative to develop proactive ideas and the ability to articulate, defend, and advocate for a particular program or recommendation
• Demonstrable skills in building strong relationships and trust with cross-functional groups and executive spokespeople
• Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills are a must
• Ability to produce high quality work under strict and constant deadlines
• Strong project management and organizational skills to work with minimal supervision and manage up as appropriate
• EMEA market knowledge and cultural sensitivity coupled with a comfort working with an American company with an American corporate culture.
• Strong direct management and matrix management abilities
• Meticulous with an eye-for-detail and accuracy
• 20% International travel
Posting Category Marketing
Full time / Part time Full-time
NETHERLANDS – Amsterdam
UNITED KINGDOM – Stockley Park/London Uxbridge
Requisition Number 7381BR
You must log in to post a comment.