Created by the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations in September 2009 and updated regularly since, the IIAR> Certified Professional tests assesses analyst relations professionals’ foundational knowledge on a range of topics related to analyst relations.
It consists of 100 multiple choice questions across key categories, the pass mark is set at 70% accuracy. The test takes about 75 minutes to complete so please plan accordingly.
There are a handful of questions in each category listed below and a link to a more detailed guide on the IIAR> Members portal is included below.
The exam will cover the following topics:
- What is AR and why does AR matter?
- How to measure success and justify AR?
- How to evangelize & deliver maximum AR value?
- How to set AR strategy and prioritize Analysts?
- What do I need to consider when setting my budget?
- Who are Analysts and what do they do?
- Who are the Analyst firms?
- How best to engage with analysts?
- How to pursue Evaluation Reports?
- What are the different types of Analyst Research?
- What are the analyst firm compliance rules?
- How to best utilize AR assets?
- How to manage the relationship with your Analyst firm?
Sample questions and a timed quiz are available here.
IIAR> Members can access the study guide on our Members Portal.