Uncover and transform insights into creative experiences that matter to your customers. Make every touchpoint an opportunity to engage. As a Marketing Professional at IBM, you will create stories that cut through noise and have an impact on your audience. IBM is trailblazing the Agile Marketing approach, allowing you to work with speed, adaptability and creativity to uncover insights and deliver experiences that matter to your customers.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: Boston, North Castle, NYC, Austin, RTP, San Francisco, Atlanta
Analyst Relations (AR) is at the nexus of IBM technology and business strategies. Our team plays a critical, cross-functional role working with experts at many different levels of the organization across offering management, marketing and communications. We work with industry and technology analysts to inform the market on IBM’s offerings and seek feedback from clients, partners and the market at large. Our team is strategic, helping to educate the market on IBM and bringing the outside-in perspective back into the company to help drive corporate and product strategy. With new leadership at IBM and their bold vision for the company, this is an exciting time to be on our team.
The IBM AR team is seeking a talented contributor for a dynamic role as Strategic Engagement Manager for Corporate AR, driving strategic interactions with leading analysts on key initiatives that align to and support IBM’s corporate strategy, mission and values. Within the IBM AR team, Corporate AR is responsible for telling the cross-IBM story to analysts and influencers that take a broad view at trends and technologies impacting the enterprise. It works across IBM’s Analyst Relations teams aligned to the IBM Business Units as well as with colleagues across the Corporate Strategy, Marketing and Communications. In this role you will work closely with the Manager for Corporate AR, expanding on relationships with leading analysts and influencers to communicate events and initiatives that support IBM’s corporate narrative. These will include major releases, customer wins, partnerships and M&A, and efforts aligned to IBM’s corporate social responsibility programs. You will engage analysts 1:1 and drive analyst group events. At its core, this role is about providing top-tier analysts with a cohesive understanding how our ongoing work and achievements support the strategic vision of our leadership.
Candidate should have:
- Ability to tell a compelling story that shows how IBM is addressing trends in the market and helping clients tackle their most complex problems
- Strong content creation and writing skills, the ability to partner across IBM teams and support a narrative that ties together multiple IBM businesses
- Capacity to glean meaningful insights from conversations with analysts and communicate the message back to an executive audience
- Confidence and tact to present constructive advice to IBM leaders that may hold an alternative view
- Aptitude to build consensus and brings teams together in the spirit of “one IBM”
- An eagerness to work with highly influential individuals both in and outside of the company
- The tenacity, determination and patience to be able to push through obstacles and challenge conventional thinking
- Comfortable working at the intersection of analyst, press/media, and investor relations
- Understanding key enterprise technologies and how the convergence of technologies is transforming the world
- Strong grasp of financial/business fundamentals used to evaluate company performance by wall street and industry analysts
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Building and nurturing relationships with the top analysts that take a cross-IBM view in their research
- Working with AR colleagues to help generalists engage with domain experts across IBM strategic software, hardware and service businesses; you are responsible for helping analysts understand how IBM’s activities align to and support our corporate imperatives
- Coordinate with IBM External Relations colleagues on analyst content published in traditional media, help facilitate supporting analyst quotes for media engagements
- Work with AR’s social media team to target top analysts and influencers for tracking the reach of our strategic engagements
- Partner with the Corporate AR Manager and the AR Operations team to regularly pull together AR outcomes across the organization to communicate value back to CHQ audience
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years professional experience
- Understanding of Cloud, Cognitive and emerging enterprise technologies and services
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to operate in a highly visible and accountable role
- Expert organizational skills to manage multiple workstreams and engagements in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills, you can create and convey meaningful content that clearly states IBM’s competitive position
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices for engaging with influencers
- Experience in event planning, coordination and execution
- Unwavering attention to detail and excellence
- Compassion and respect for colleagues, partners and clients
- Skilled in using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other productivity tools (Slack, Webex, Asana, Box etc.)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Existing knowledge of IBM and competitive offerings, strategy and competitive differentiation
- Experience in Analyst Relations or experience working closely with industry analysts on corporate/product strategy
- 5+ years experience at Enterprise Technology companies in roles including: Analyst Relations, Market Intelligence, Product Marketing, Strategy, Business Development, or Communications
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.