We will celebrate the achievements of the analyst relations community, where we will announce the IIAR analyst relations professional and analyst relations team of the year.Continue Reading →
Tag Archives | IIAR
Following elections in May 2019, the IIAR is proud to present two new members who have joined the IIAR Board. Please help us welcome Andrew Hsu and Simon Jones, for a two year term starting on the 1st June 2019. Continue Reading →
Informa (INF.L) has acquired IHS Markit’s (INFO) TMT business. Informa Tech, which includes Ovum, will have revenues similar to Forrester’s $350m. It represents a dramatic shift in the analyst landscape.
Informa announced the transaction on 22 May as part of an exchange of Informa’s agribusiness service for IHS Markit’s TMT portfolio, including the OTT and media teams.
A sixty-year-old firm built through acquisitions, IHS its has absorbed numerous tech research firms, including Infonetics Research and IMS Research.
IHS Markit has clarified that it will retain RootMetrics and part of its market intelligence business. Because the exchange is subject to US regulatory approval, it can’t be completed until July at the earliest.
No doubt you are well aware of how that phrase finishes but I am sure you are aware of the purpose of this post – becoming an IIAR Board Member. If you have ever wondered what you can do for the IIAR then becoming a board member is a great way to shape the direction of analyst relations globally, learn new skills, work with some great people and you have until 1700 BST on Wednesday 15th May 2019 to take that chance.
Director, Analyst Relations
Sitecore is the global leader in experience management software that combines content management, commerce, and customer insights. The Sitecore Experience CloudTM empowers marketers to deliver personalized content in real time and at scale across every channel—before, during, and after a sale. More than 5,200 brands––including American Express, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, and L’Oréal––have trusted Sitecore to deliver the personalized interactions that delight audiences, build loyalty, and drive revenue.
Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world, and the Sitecore Analyst Relations team shapes and steers industry analysts’ perception of Sitecore and the market in which we operate. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we’re seeking a Director, Analyst Relations to help support and continue the company’s growth.
The right candidate will be a detail-oriented and proactive team player with a track record of executing successful analyst relations programs. He or she will have the requisite skills to plan, manage, and execute engagements that promote positive relationships with leading industry analysts and drive awareness/coverage of Sitecore’s vision, strategy, platform development/differentiation, and market momentum. This person will work closely with executives and functional team leaders across the company to execute Sitecore’s AR strategy in furtherance of the company’s overall objectives.
This is truly a global position, engaging across all geographies, and the candidate will need to manage internal customers and stakeholders around the world. We want someone who can foster collaboration and create alignment across teams, and who is adept at partnering with marketing colleagues and outside agencies to drive and enhance business results.
- Design, plan, manage, and execute Sitecore’s targeted, global analyst relations program.
- Cultivate and strengthen strategic relationships with Sitecore’s top-tier analysts through a regular cadence of briefings, inquiries, strategy days, and related events.
- Coordinate Sitecore resources, including subject matter experts and/or customer references, as needed.
- Drive Sitecore’s inclusion in key reports and evaluations, and ensure that analysts understand our strategy, products, and differentiators.
- Stay current on and effectively communicate Sitecore’s high-level strategy and product positioning to analysts in the course of daily activities.
- Manage creation of presentations, briefing documents, and other materials for analyst engagements.
- Communicate with key internal parties (e.g. product management and product marketing) to share analyst insights and feedback; package relevant reports, research, and data for use by the larger organization.
- Oversee budget, analysis, and recommendations for memberships and purchased analyst research services.
- Track and report on analyst interactions and coverage, and measure the impact of Analyst Relations efforts.
- 8+ years of direct Analyst Relations experience in enterprise software (preferably in customer experience and marketing technologies, analytics, or cloud software)
- Seasoned relationships with analysts; thrives in building relationships and working with others.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; experience working in a matrixed environment where creating collaboration and influence are required for generating results.
- Strategic, analytical thinker with keen tactical execution skills, attention to detail, and ability to turn complex, technology heavy topics into digestible, compelling stories.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage numerous deadline-driven projects simultaneously.
- Ability to synthesize, interpret, and summarize third-party analysis and research for cross-functional audiences.
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues and stakeholders; experience working across disciplines and geographies.
- Driven, self-organized team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve objectives in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to travel (25%).
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.
Senior Analyst Relations Manager
Workday is looking for an accomplished, talented, energetic, team player to join the Analyst Relations team. We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter with a passion for Analyst Relations. The ideal candidate must have a successful track record executing Analyst Relations programs, experience managing cross-functional teams, self-confidence and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
The Senior Analyst Relations Manager will be responsible for engaging global analysts and market influencers, making sure they are fairly and accurately representing Workday in all settings. This person will proactively maintain relationships with global analysts and market influencers, driving awareness of Workday strategy, products and offerings, while influencing outcomes that are favorable to Workday. Continue Reading →
Pluralsight is looking for an experienced analyst relations leader to manage the global analyst relations program. We need an energetic self-starter who has successfully built and developed strong, impactful analyst relations programs before. Our ideal candidate has knowledge of the IT and software market or a similar industry, market trends, new technologies, and our competitors.
The Analyst Relations Director role facilitates two-way dialogue between Pluralsight and industry analysts, working to increase awareness for the company and our products, while delivering analyst insights to our internal teams. An ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating and executing an AR program strategy and building collaborative relationships with influential analysts, executive spokespeople, and product strategy and marketing leaders.
Continue Reading →
What is the future of Analyst Relations looking like? How is our field evolving?
Have you recently thought about:
- Whether AR is evolving into “Influencer Relations”?
- How AR is changing to meet the evolving IT industry analyst firm landscape?
- How AR can adapt to — and adopt — new ways of measuring AR productivity and effectiveness?
- What the “next chapter” in the AR field will be?
Note : Salesforce are open to three different experience levels listed in the title for our current opening Market Strategy, Analyst Relations.
Salesforce is looking for an experienced and passionate analyst relations expert with established industry analyst relationships.
This role will manage analyst relations for a Salesforce product line and requires a commitment to innovation in the technology industry and an understanding of the enterprise software and cloud computing spaces.
Clear, concise, and consistent communication skills are a must. Additionally, open communication with other members of the Market Strategy team is an essential requirement for the role.
The ability to multi-task and prioritize while maintaining a sense of humor is also required. Continue Reading →
1. What are your coverage areas?
I cover all things Internet services and players; if you want to talk about the GAFA(M), FAMGA (yes it’s the same thing), FANG, BAT(X)… I’m all yours. To add a bit of flavor, I specifically take a telecommunication angle to cover the intersections of the Internet and telco worlds. Naturally this leads me to cover the US and China often, but being based in France we also have great European coverage, and it helps being Japanese to cover the Far East.
Who’d have thought Christmas would come this early? Grab a glass of bubbles, put on the festive music and light the fire. It’s time to unveil the IIAR Analyst Of The Year award winners.
2018 was a year in which influencer relations became more important in delivering business impact, and so unsurprisingly analysts’ voices have been a critical focus for sales enablement and marketing. We see analysts themselves continuing to build profile beyond repors, through social media and content, and in response organisations are ramping their commitment to tracking how analysts impact their brand. It’s an exciting, evolving time.
So for the IIAR community, it’s important to recognise the range of analysts and firms who are leading the way. We listen carefully to the voices of our members and remain fully engaged with the global analyst network.
To this end we’ve heard from the community in eleven countries across four continents. We’ve reviewed hundreds of nominations and thousands of point scores. Award winners were determined based on the scoring provided by IIAR members, in accordance with the IIAR SOSM methodology. The nominations therefore reflect the best practice promoted within the IIAR.
All of this leads to one thing – as a festive drumroll is unleashed – the award winners… Continue Reading →
You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout… even if you don’t win an award at the IIAR Analyst of the Year 2018 awards.
Votes have been cast, opinions shared and the winners are emerging from the data. As you read this, the data is being crunched to identify the winners in the IIAR Analyst of the Year Awards for 2018. But if you want to find out which analysts and firms are scooping the big prizes, you’ll have to join us for the IIAR Christmas Party.
Yes next week sees the much-loved IIAR Christmas Party taking place in Central London, for a night of drinks, nibbles and celebrations of a year well-spent. In addition you’ll have ample opportunity to swap notes with the best of your peers and share a beverage with the crème de la crème of the analyst world. Continue Reading →
We are very excited to announce the date our famous IIAR Christmas Networking Party as Tuesday 4th December 2018. During this celebrated and exclusive event we will announce our much coveted IIAR Analyst Of The Year:
- IIAR Analyst Of The Year 2018
- IIAR Analyst Firm Of The Year 2018
- IIAR New Entrant Of The Year 2018
- IIAR Client Partner Of The Year 2018
We will celebrate those results that analysts and analyst firms have delivered when collaborating with AR professionals. The event is kindly sponsored this year by HCL Technologies.
Join us in a Central London for a festive evening of drinks, canapés, and networking, with leading industry analysts and analyst relations peers alike. Continue Reading →
Time to renew your Gartner subscription?
Our members have indicated a few interesting plays by the industry analysis market leader, almost two years after its takeover of CEB. including a continued drive to multi-year contracts and aggressive drive to sell their $150k executives offerings, effectively mirroring the EXP strategy for vendors. Those offerings causing much confusion with users in vendor organisations are Gartner for General Managers, Gartner for Sales Leaders, Gartner for Marketing Leaders, etc.
Following our latest discussion group on the subject, the IIAR is conducting a discussion group for members to exchange the issues they face when being sold bundled products. This will enable members to discuss ways to get the best value without disclosing individual price. IIAR will then present these findings to Gartner for their feedback and help Gartner sales teams improve client satisfaction. Continue Reading →
IDC’s Personal Computing Devices research group in Europe is looking for a Senior research analyst to support the expansion of its research and business.
This is a highly visible position that requires the candidate to develop cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative research for IDC’s exceptionally diverse base of clients that includes hardware and software vendors and providers of IT services. A successful candidate will be a subject-matter expert on personal computers (notebooks, desktops, workstations and gaming computers), and related technologies, and will have a strong knowledge of distribution and commercial channels. The focus of the role is to develop ongoing syndicated research and custom research for specific projects, as well as be a key quantitative contributor to the IDC Personal Computing Devices Tracker Program.
IDC’s PCD research helps IT Vendors and end users understand the impact of personal devices and emerging technologies on their business plans and execution. These emerging technologies include Cognitive Computing, Robotics, Mobile Systems, Advanced Security, among other leading-edge technologies. We are looking for innovative thinkers to take a dynamic role within the team, promoting and supporting industry-specific IT market research. Candidates should bring extensive knowledge especially in the analysis of the value and trends of IT investment across industry sectors and among small and medium-sized companies. The candidate will work with industry leaders to identify and analyze strategic business issues and key use cases for a wide range of technology solutions.
The role is based in London, and will involve some travel, predominantly in Europe but occasionally to other regions.
- Proactively drive media coverage in the UK.
- Deliver and execute local media plans to publicise work of Accenture in target media.
- Provide timely responses to media and analyst requests. Liaise with and support colleagues in UK and globally to provide answers.
- Offer professional media advice to UK and global media colleagues and internally to stakeholders.
- Manage and develop professional working relationships with key journalists and clients.
- Provide media coaching and training for our spokespeople where necessary.
- Work closely and manage relevant relationships with our PR agencies.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Understanding of Accenture’s area of business and overall business strategy.
- Understanding of and ability to execute strategic PR and communications techniques.
- Good understanding of/ relationships with UK financial services media.
- Professional adviser to colleagues.
- Understanding and ability to apply message development skills.
- Global perspective and understanding of business marketplace.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and apply creative, workable solutions to project-related issues.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on. Continue Reading →
Hot on the heels of yesterday’s IIAR Webinar with CXP Group (they’ve dropped “le” to my great chagrin), here’s a quick interview summing-up their coverage areas and why analyst relations (AR) professionals should give them a call. With Yannick Carriou (LinkedIn, @YCarriou), Chairman and CEO and Jean-Christophe Bodhuin (LinkedIn, @JCBodhuin), SVP & UK Managing Director, UK Operations from of CXP Group, interviewed by Ludovic Leforestier (@lludovic, LinkedIn), from the IIAR Board.
- Why should AR pros call CXP Group?
- IIAR Webinar: Le CXP Group, a European powerhouse?
- Le CXP Group moves to consulting – CEO Yannick Carriou interviewed
- German analyst firms: die große Konsolidierung
- CXP Group – A European analyst powerhouse in formation?
- IIAR Webinar: with Laurent Calot, CEO of CXP Group – April 23 @ 16:00 BST
- Gallic research firms get cosy: after taking on Germany, CXP and PAC merge
- Le CXP and BARC merge: ignore local firms at your perils
- [ANALYST FIRM NEWS] John Leigh joins PAC UK
- Smart move: PAC buys Berlecon
- September IIAR London Forum Featured European Analyst Panel
- Reminder to Register for IIAR London Forum – Thursday, Sept 16th
Over the past few months, the analyst community has been experiencing an array of changes, with many analyst departures and career moves shaking up the status quo. As we come back to work and the summer days fade into autumn, there’s no better time to catch-up with analyst firms and understand what has changed, what’s to come and exactly how their services can support AR pros and their programmes.
Innovation, innovation! Non profit organisation requires an Interim Market Intelligence Manager to lead the Market Intelligence Team and build the organisation’s understanding of markets, technologies and innovations and how these will and can be disrupted in the future. You will develop strategies for bringing key players together to kickstart the creation of a new industry of innovation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent front line management to the members of the Market Intelligence team.
- Support the organisation’s New Market Opportunities Programme, leading on the identification of future markets and strategy development for realisation of these markets.
- Support the organisation’s strategy development, including identification of future priorities in the advanced urban services sector.
- Lead on deliverables for commercial and research projects.
- Own and deliver the internal market scanning processes and the horizon scanning programme.
- Support and represent the thought leadership activities as one of the organisation’s lead experts for the state of the industry.
- Build, lead and manage the Market Intelligence Team in delivery of market analysis, research and strategy for projects across the organisation.
- Support business development, project planning and resource management for external opportunities related to Market Intelligence.
- Drive team productivity and quality of the team’s deliverables, including quality control.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- BA required; preference for advanced degrees and for background in social sciences, engineering or natural sciences.
- Previous demonstrable experience managing high performing teams towards successful delivery of projects.
- Demonstrable experience in developing credible market intelligence for decisions making and for national dissemination.
- Experience in market analysis within public services, infrastructure or technology-related sectors.
- Experience in digital or innovation strategy and roadmap development in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Experience working in an innovation environment and comfort working under ambiguous or fast-changing project parameters.
- Demonstrable skills in communication and stakeholder management.
- Collaborative working style and comfort working in teams.
- You can also be considered for the permanent role
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.