A few months ago, I joined IIAR’s webinar focused on the IIAR Analyst Relations Professional and Team of the Year 2017. Every year, the IIAR awards analyst relations (AR) professionals and teams based on the results of an annual survey shared with the global industry analyst community. The survey gathers the analysts’ collective insight on AR professionals and their performance, and then the IIAR contrasts it with results from the previous year, based on level of responsiveness, relationship and results (also known as the IIAR’s Three R’s of AR). Continue Reading →
Tag Archives | CC Group
The final speaker agenda is being nailed down, and the Global Mobile Awards judges have now announced their shortlist. However, there’s no resting on your laurels when it comes to Mobile World Congress (MWC) Barcelona outreach. Next on the action list is the extremely important task of your analyst outreach strategy.
Industry analysts play a crucial role in the marketing sales cycle and supplier selection.
Findings from CCgroup’s own Catalyst Insights reveal that when it comes to shortlisting vendors for an RFP, B2B tech buyers place analyst due diligence and reports in their top three most valued sources of content. Continue Reading →
Most AR professionals recognise the importance of measurement and evaluation, but many admit that it’s a subject they struggle with.
To help AR professionals improve their knowledge and understanding, we held a best practice conference call during June on “The Fundamentals of AR Measurement and Evaluation”.
On the panel were two in-house AR leaders:
- Kathy Nottingham – director of industry analyst relations for Lawson Software.
- Pauline Respondek – senior manager, market intelligence – EMEA for Research in Motion.
Joining them were two specialist AR consultants:
- Martin Tilling – VP services at Lighthouse Analyst Relations
- Stephen England – president and partner at The Knowledge Capital Group
The final panel member was Dr Ralf Leinemann – marketing program director for Matchcode. Ralf has authored several books on marketing communications and measurement and evaluation across a range of PR disciplines.
The call heard a world class panel cover three main areas
- why measure AR
- how to measure AR (activity reporting v media coverage v perception tracking v report mentions v sales impact etc), and
- the limitations (aka the importance of setting expectations).
In addition, Kathy shared insights into the work that Lawson is doing on how analyst relations drives sales while Pauline talked about how RIM uses a range of tools to determine the effectiveness of its AR activities.
Many thanks to all our panellists for sharing their experience, knowledge and opinions.
Thanks also to T-Systems for donating the conference call facility.
A recording of the call is available for members to download from the IIAR website, along with the presentation slides used by Kathy and Pauline.
We are also writing a white paper on the subject which will be available in the next couple of months.
Must reads for IIAR Members
- IIAR Best Practices Paper on AR Measurement
- IIAR Best Practice Paper: Plan your analyst relations programme with the AR Compass
- IIAR Webinar: A Discussion on Effective AR Measurement and Amplification – 18/04/18
- [GUEST POST] Five timeless questions about analyst relations – 25/06/15
- “Why should I speak with him and her” – 29/01/15
- IIAR Webinar: Best Practices in Measurement (11th July) – 2/07/13
- IIAR Webinar: Best Practices in Measurement (to be rescheduled in July) – 16/06/13
- IIAR Best Practice Webinar: A practical guide to measurement – 17/05/13
- Next IIAR discussion group call on AR measurement and evaluation – 14/01/10
- New IIAR Best Practices Paper on AR Measurement – 27/11/09
- The Fundamentals of AR Measurement and Evaluation – 7/07/08