Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to support its AWS Marketplace and Service Catalog businesses.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from startups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. As AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who are trying to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their business.
AWS Marketplace is a curated digital catalog that helps businesses find, buy, and immediately start using the software and services that run on, and integrate with, AWS. The AWS Marketplace has more than 4,200 software listings from more than 1,280 ISVs and 160,000 active users. The catalog includes a broad set of building blocks for enterprise developers that spans compute, network, storage, database, security, performance management, and emerging technology such as machine learning. Industry analysts across the cloud computing world are highly interested in AWS Marketplace and its potential to disrupt the enterprise software procurement model, making this role both interesting and rewarding. Working hand in hand with AWS Marketplace in an enterprise setting, AWS Service Catalog enables businesses to centrally manage commonly deployed IT services and products procured in the AWS Marketplace to help them achieve consistent governance and meet compliance requirements.
The successful candidate for this AR position will be a creative and experienced analyst relations/communications professional for technology companies who likes to build programs. The right candidate possesses a track-record of successful AR program management in a global organization. In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to innovate AWS AR programs and measurement of results via new approaches. He/she must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, and identifying market challenges and opportunities for our customers.
· Develop and execute AR programs to educate the analyst community on AWS Marketplace and Services Catalog
· Proactively secure positive placement of AWS Marketplace and Service Catalog in key reports
· Drive analyst awareness of AWS Marketplace offerings and significantly expand analyst understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing
· Deliver on-going AR program activities such as analyst briefings, events, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics
· Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
· Write presentations and prepare executives for engaging with analysts
· Driving alignment with sales, marketing and product engineering to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and AR program impact
The role is based in Seattle, WA and will require periodic travel.