- AR professionals should not be mere gatekeepers. They need to be more responsive & accessible appreciated by analysts. Dedicated Analyst portals – a need of today to help support accessibility
- Analysts should not be considered as mere lead generators but as trusted advisors to help organizations in identifying strategies to grow business
- Organizations need to identify right analysts for strategic expectations. Interactions should be ideally with 1-2 primary analysts, 8-10 referred (Tier2) analysts & a few adjacent market analysts to get a picture of complete spectrum.
- For C level interactions, face to face meetings are always preferred. Communication should be monthly or quarterly, not weekly. Doing regional analyst events for half a day is also useful.
- Understanding the pulse of who is influencing the market, inputs should be sought from customers, respective analyst firm account executives and through regular evaluation of research reports.
- Give more client proofs- demos, references during briefings.
- Around product launches, one should speak to product as well as services analysts
- Analyst only lay out advantages and disadvantages of top vendors and one should influence to be the top of the mind recall for them
- Vendors should build niche capabilities and highlight them to ensure analyst influence.