The IIAR is delighted to host a teleconference on Best Practices in Sourcing Advisory Relations. The call is scheduled for Wednesday, June 19th at 4:00pm BST/11:00am EST. The panel will be moderated by Agi Donnithorne, IIAR Board Member, and the featured panellists include:
Author Archive | agidonnithorne
QlikTech is looking for a Global Analyst Relations Director
- Contributing strategic, creative ideas for global AR programs that influence.
- Work closely with the global marketing team to develop integrated programs to support product offering introductions and thought leadership.
- Manage strategy across cross functional team with product marketing, competitive intelligence and market development (vertical industry) groups.
- Collaborate and communicate with Analyst Relations leads outside of the Americas to present and report on one unified global program. Continue Reading →
Blog courtesy of: Agi Donnithorne (IIAR Board Member), Influencer Engagement Director at Loudhouse
Ed Gyurko (IIAR Advisory Chapter), Director, EMEA Advisor and Influencer Relations at Dell
The IIAR held its first Sourcing Advisory Chapter webinar couple of weeks ago with ISG. Paul Reynolds (@PaulLReynolds, LinkedIn), Chief Research Officer of ISG presented its Advisor Relations Survey results. The webinar was well attended with more than 30 analyst and advisory relations professionals from number of different vendor organisations participating.
Paul started with an overview of ISG and its services to set the scene and then proceeded to discuss the findings of the survey. The survey was conducted amongst advisory relations professionals at 89 outsourcing service providers across the globe. The findings are of interest to both advisory and analyst relations professionals and highlight some of the differences between the two programmes.
The results show that every provider approaches its advisory programme differently in terms of the structure, reporting lines and maturity. However maturity of the programme doesn’t determine how effective it is. Having right people in place and buy-in within the organisation is a key to a success.
While analyst and advisory relations programmes can often be managed by the same person, the outcomes will be different. Therefore, the ways we measure effectiveness of the programmes differ. Some of the key measures for the influencer programme include but are not limited to: leads, value of sales won, win/loss ratio analysis, number of briefings, etc. It is very important to measure outcomes of the programme but at the same time measuring inputs should also form part of the evaluation.
Paul covered some key do’s and don’ts of advisor engagement. The key take-away for us was to tell stories about clients, as that way we help advisors remember the company and more importantly decide which opportunities they can recommend the particular vendor for! Something simple but very powerful.
If you would like to listen to the recording or see the presentation, it’s available to IIAR members. You can also contact Paul to find out more about ISG and the survey.
As this was our first Sourcing Advisory Chapter webinar, we would welcome your feedback and suggestion on what events, webinars and content you would like to see as part of this chapter. We want to make it as useful and valuable to the sourcing advisory community as possible. You can contact us on: agi(at)analystrelations(dot)org or edgyurko(at)gmail(dot)com
About Information Services Group
Information Services Group (ISG) (NASDAQ: III) is a leading technology insights, market intelligence and advisory services company, serving more than 500 clients around the world to help them achieve operational excellence. ISG supports private and public sector organizations to transform and optimize their operational environments through research, benchmarking, consulting and managed services, with a focus on information technology, business process transformation, program management services and enterprise resource planning. Clients look to ISG for unique insights and innovative solutions for leveraging technology, the deepest data source in the industry, and more than five decades of experience of global leadership in information and advisory services. Based in Stamford, Conn., the company has more than 800 employees and operates in 21 countries.
For additional information, visit www.isg-one.com.
Part-time position available for IIAR secretary, approximately 2 days per week. Manage administration of small non-profit organisation including: membership applications and renewals, maintain accounts, manage events program including bi-monthly London Forums and monthly teleconferences, manage blog & Huddle postings, and bi-monthly newsletter.
For further information, please contact agi(at)analystrelations(dot)org
Colt Technology is looking for a PR and AR specialist to join their Corporate Communications team.
• Helps to manage the operational relationship with our PR and AR agencies in the UK and across Europe
• Provide operational communications support and advice to the organisation for the UK
• Manage the development and implementation of public relations and analyst relations throughout the organisation
• Deliver the corporate PR and AR programme in region
• Manages our public relations and analyst relations activities
• Implements policies and programmes that enhance the organisation’s reputation
• Project manages specific PR and AR communication, events and campaigns, including budgeting
• Handling and developing media and analyst contacts in the UK
• Providing corporate crisis comms support for the region, where required
• Proven experience of Corporate Communications and Public Relations is imperative
• Direct experience from a Media/Marketing PR agency background with some grounding in Technology, IT or Managed Services
• Previous experience of working in PR and working within the IT Managed Services, Technology or Telco industry would be ideal
• Extensive experience of writing communications for the external market- the role will include writing and managing press releases, content and blogs, and liaising with different business units
• Demonstrate understanding and working knowledge of the UK B2B technology markets
• Direct experience of developing and maintaining working relationships with PR and AR agencies
• Previous experience of implementing policies and programmes that enhance the organisation’s relations with key stakeholders to improve the standing of the organisation
• Social Media experience is preferred
• Offers pan–European experience and is able to work in an ever changing environment
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills, builds rapports and communicates effectively at all levels.
• Confident working at a senior level and is able to maintain credibility
• Degree educated or equivalent
To apply contact: helen dot toft at colt dot net