Pluralsight is looking for an experienced analyst relations leader to manage the global analyst relations program. We need an energetic self-starter who has successfully built and developed strong, impactful analyst relations programs before. Our ideal candidate has knowledge of the IT and software market or a similar industry, market trends, new technologies, and our competitors.
The Analyst Relations Director role facilitates two-way dialogue between Pluralsight and industry analysts, working to increase awareness for the company and our products, while delivering analyst insights to our internal teams. An ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating and executing an AR program strategy and building collaborative relationships with influential analysts, executive spokespeople, and product strategy and marketing leaders.
The AR Director is responsible for leading cross-functional teams and multiple projects on a global scale. It’s a big job with a lot of influence and a lot of impact. This person will report to the VP of Product Marketing and partner closely with the greater product marketing and corporate communications team, executives and subject matter experts across the company. The position could be based in South Jordan, Utah, or could work remotely in the Bay Area or Boston area.
- Create the global overall strategy for analyst relations.
- Identify, develop and manage the relationships with key analysts and market influencers; brief analysts on key product launches and industry moments.
- Develop and deliver Pluralsight’s analyst-facing narrative. Tell the story of Pluralsight’s vision and strategy, our products and their benefits to customers.
- Plan and execute analyst engagements, briefing tours and strategy days.
- Drive the strategy for Pluralsight’s participation in appropriate key vendor comparisons. This includes setting the strategy for earning top ranks and driving the effort across subject matter experts, spokespeople, and clients as well as developing the briefing strategy and related content.
- Create results that put us in an equal to better position in analyst reports. Maintain and improve analyst likelihood to recommend Pluralsight to customers. Measure the results of the analyst relations program with a up-to-date dashboard.
- Deliver regular communications and updates to the broader analyst community, for example, newsletters and group briefing calls.
- Execute briefings and inquiries with relevant analysts and company spokespersons to establish Pluralsight as a leader in the minds of analysts.
- Analyze the most critical points of influence in the market.
- Monitor analyst research agenda and coverage, and share relevant research throughout the company including in marketing, product and sales.
- Share analyst feedback with key internal stakeholders to ensure analyst perspective and data is integrated into product strategy, narratives and marketing materials.
- Create marketing campaigns to leverage analyst reports, review site rankings and customer examples in demand generation, launches and communications/PR outreach.
- Support sales by creating sales enablement materials and incorporating sales and customer feedback into the analyst relations program.
- Solid industry analyst and media relationships, and the placements to prove it.
- At least 7+ years of experience in the software/tech industry and related industry analyst experience with a successful track record in building corporate programs and creating and delivering effective communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, engineering, public affairs or business combined with unified communications industry knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and executive presence, including a proven ability to develop and maintain internal and external executive relationships.
- Spokesperson capabilities with knowledge of key messages, ability to manage objections and drive positive perceptions.
- Knowledge of major analyst firm online resources (Gartner, Forrester, IDC, etc.)
- Comfortable with technology concepts and general knowledge of the Enterprise.
- An eye for simplifying complex topics and technologies to their essence, and the curiosity and drive to discover newsworthy information.
- Experience collaborating across multiple internal departments and geographies and working with remote colleagues and stakeholders.
- Self-motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience planning and successfully executing events.
- SaaS B2B experience preferred.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do every day, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Be yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.