Who’d have thought Christmas would come this early? Grab a glass of bubbles, put on the festive music and light the fire. It’s time to unveil the IIAR Analyst Of The Year award winners.
2018 was a year in which influencer relations became more important in delivering business impact, and so unsurprisingly analysts’ voices have been a critical focus for sales enablement and marketing. We see analysts themselves continuing to build profile beyond repors, through social media and content, and in response organisations are ramping their commitment to tracking how analysts impact their brand. It’s an exciting, evolving time.
So for the IIAR community, it’s important to recognise the range of analysts and firms who are leading the way. We listen carefully to the voices of our members and remain fully engaged with the global analyst network.
To this end we’ve heard from the community in eleven countries across four continents. We’ve reviewed hundreds of nominations and thousands of point scores. Award winners were determined based on the scoring provided by IIAR members, in accordance with the IIAR SOSM methodology. The nominations therefore reflect the best practice promoted within the IIAR.
All of this leads to one thing – as a festive drumroll is unleashed – the award winners…
IIAR New Entrant Of The Year 2018
IIAR Client Partner Of The Year 2018
The winner is: Chris Cook / Ovum (LinkedIn)
IIAR Influential Analyst Of The Year 2018
The winner is: Pat Sullivan / Gartner (LinkedIn)
IIAR Innovative Analyst Of The Year 2018
The winner is: …in fact the ‘winners are’ in a dead heat:
Bravo indeed to each of Tim Jennings / Ovum (Tim Jennings, @tjennings), Ray Wang / Constellation (LinkedIn, @rwang0) and Owen Rogers / 451 (LinkedIn, @owenrog) who were joint first in this new category.
And the overall winner of the IIAR Analyst of the Year 2018
Read her IIAR Around In 10 Questions interview.
Finally, we can announce the IIAR Analyst Firm Of The Year 2018
And congratulations to the following firms who represented the rest of the IIAR community’s top five:
So bravo to everyone who won and to the runners up – and thanks to the IIAR community for your time in voting. We look forward to another highly engaged year in 2019. Until then have a great Christmas and festive season.
By the IIAR Awards Committee
- Julia Pope (LinkedIn, @iulia_g_popa)
- Tom Buttle (LinkedIn, @Tom_Buttle)
- Ludovic Leforestier (@lludovic, LinkedIn)
- @aniruddho, LinkedIn) (
Previous IIAR Analysts and Firms Of The Year
- IIAR Analyst Of The Year 2018 – The Awards Unwrapped.
- We know if you’ve been good or bad.
- Around Margaret Adam from IDC in 10 Questions
- The IIAR Tragic Quadrant for 2017
- IIAR Webinar: Tragic Quadrant
- Winners announced: IIAR Analyst of the Year 2016
- Who will be the IIAR Analyst of the Year 2016?
- Around Dan Bieler from Forrester in 10 questions
- Around Errol Rasit from Gartner in 10 Questions
- Winners announced: IIAR Analyst of the Year 2015
- Who’s the IIAR Analyst of the Year 2015?
- The IIAR “Tragic Quadrant”
- The IIAR Analyst of the Year 2014
- The IIAR Analyst Firm of the Year 2014
- IIAR Analyst of the Year 2012: Winners Announced!
- Results announced – IIAR Analyst of the Year 2012!
- Don’t forget to vote – IIAR Analyst of the Year 2012!
- IIAR ANALYST OF THE YEAR 2012 – Voting open!
- IIAR Analyst of the Year 2012: All new criteria
- And the IIAR Analyst of the Year 2011 is…
- Final reminder: IIAR Analyst of the Year survey closes 30th Sept
- IIAR ANALYST OF THE YEAR – Voting open!
- The IIAR Analyst of the Year 2010
- IIAR Analyst of the Year
- IIAR Analyst of the year 2010
- Ray Wang named IIAR Analyst of the Year 2009
- IIAR Analyst of the Year 2009 (Part 2)
- Analyst of the year 2009 (part 1)
- The IIAR Analyst of the Year 2009
- The IIAR Analyst of the Year survey — and the winner is….
- Analyst of the year
- Analyst of the year – submit your answers today