Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
Sage has a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and creative Analyst Relations professional to join its Global Communications team, based in the U.S. and covering North America (USA and Canada). Ideally, we would like for this person to be based in Boston or New York.
As Sage builds its strategy and broadens its vision, partnering with industry analysts becomes more critical – this brand-new role, reporting to the Director of Product PR and AR offers candidates the opportunity to build a reimagined AR program in North America.
This key position within the Sage Industry Analyst Relations team is responsible for driving both inbound and outbound education and information-sharing programs for Sage in North America (USA and Canada). Inbound AR programs will leverage analyst research and opinion to clearly convey technology and business trends and market information back to internal stakeholders. Outbound AR programs will focus on building strong relationships, relaying the Sage narrative, capabilities, and competitive differentiation to analysts from tier-1, tier-2 and discipline specific industry analyst firms.
The individual in this position will establish and maintain strong, positive relationships between Sage and industry analysts in North America and collaborate effectively across Sage PLC and Sage North America to create and implement cohesive and consistent analyst relations programs.
We are looking for a confident, motivated and enthusiastic team player with proven experience and existing networks into the Analyst Relations community. With a deep understanding of the B2B IT industry, a can-do attitude and experience in working in a matrix organisation a must.
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Build strong relationships into the North American Analyst relations community
• Engage as a credible spokesperson for the company and proactively communicate relevant news and information to the analyst community
• Build strong relationships with Sage Product Management and Product Marketing teams and both understand their business objectives and be able to articulate them independently to the analyst community
• Execute on a tiered analyst relations program to ensure proactive and results-oriented communication with all North American analysts who cover Sage. This includes deepening our relationship with key analysts from top firms through high touch activities such as in-person meetings, as well as building volume- based communications programs targeted at 2nd and 3rd tier analysts
• Strong executive presence, ability to ‘push back’ and provide senior counsel to spokespeople
• Provide communications expertise, support and advice to the executive team, including written materials, presentations, etc. for sharing with Analysts
• Plan and execute events that support the above objectives
• Partner closely with One Sage and North American PR team to ensure aligned and seamless messaging on relevant product and tech areas
• Maintain a measurement framework to evaluate the success of activity Skills, know-how and experience: Must have: (5 or 6 Max)
• 5 – 8+ years of dedicated experience in technology Analyst Relations, ideally in-house or a combination of agency/in-house
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
• Ability to work independently and with global matrix teams
• Demonstrable track record leading and managing communications campaigns and reporting measurable results
• Strong product or technology PR experience or understanding of how these functions interact
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Strong understanding of digital and social media
• Familiarity with trends and issues related to the SME technology space and Financial Software
• Ability to travel for events/analyst engagement
• Proven networks in the Industry Analyst relations community
Key performance indicators
• Consistent and increasing sentiment within the analyst community
• Consistent and increasing positive coverage within analyst research and reports
• Enabling Sage products to be included in key industry reports and reviews Key stakeholders:
• One Sage Communications team – including Internal Communications, Public and Investor relations
• In country PR leads
• Product Management, Product Marketing, Partner and delivery teams
• Market Intelligence
Sage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity in The Law poster: http://1sa.ge/EjaS30kzhpR
To apply for this role click here