VMware has built its reputation based on the power of disruptive innovation, technology leadership, and the extraordinary business value of virtualization. As VMware’s business broadens partnering with industry analysts becomes more critical.
This key position on VMware’s Global Industry Analyst Relations team is responsible for driving both inbound and outbound education and information-sharing programs for emerging areas of technology including IoT, Edge, Cloud Services, AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain etc.,. Inbound AR programs will leverage analyst research and opinion to clearly convey technology and business trends and market information to internal stakeholders. Outbound AR programs will focus on developing strong relationships relaying our VMware story, capabilities, and competitive differentiation to analysts from tier-1 and tier-2 industry analyst firms.
The individual in this position will establish and maintain strong, positive relationships between VMware and industry analysts and collaborate effectively across multiple VMware organizations (including business units, engineering, alliances, comms, marketing, and sales) to create and implement cohesive and consistent analyst relations programs.
We are looking for a confident, motivated and enthusiastic team player with a combination of creative genius, operational brilliance, and the ability to inspire action through others. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Execute on a tiered analyst relations program to ensure proactive and results-oriented communication with all analysts who cover VMware’s Edge, IoT, Cloud Services, as well as other relevant areas for emerging VMware product areas. This includes deepening our relationship with key analysts from top firms through high touch activities as well as building volume- based communications programs targeted at 2nd and 3rd tier analysts.
- Manage VMware vendor or product ratings and industry analyst reports ranking VMware and VMware’s SDDC products and services, including Gartner Magic Quadrants, Forrester Waves, IDC Marketscapes, etc.
- Cultivate analysts who can serve as positive media references, as well as leverage analysts for pro-VMware communications through reprints, sponsored whitepapers or surveys, speaking engagements, and webcasts.
- Engage as a credible spokesperson for the company and proactively communicate relevant news, information and business unit developments to the analyst community.
- Provide key direction for programs such as annual analyst conference, buddy programs, strategic consulting sessions, monthly open calls, and leadership tours.
- Provide executive communications support including presentations, briefings, and talking points to assist with the development of communications. This includes extracting relevant information and data from analyst reports and surveys.
- Actively synthesize content and share knowledge and insight from analyst reports and data to team members across Business Units, Global Communications and broader marketing teams.
- Partner closely with PR team to ensure aligned and seamless messaging on relevant product and tech areas.
- Support across topics as needed for the Analyst Relations Function.
Qualifications & Skills
You will have proven yourself as an inspiring leader, a knowledgeable business partner, and a trusted advisor. You possess a rare combination of skills, bringing together the ability to land upon a gem of a creative idea, turning that idea into an robust operational plan touching multiple teams, and having the leadership strength and discipline to orchestrate execution of the plan.
- A minimum of 5 years communications experience in high-tech, with minimum of 3 years in analyst relations at $1B+ companies.
- Capable of successfully representing high technology companies in competitive environments to the analyst community.
- Independent thinking combined with a flexible, sociable yet mentoring work style in a fast paced, rapidly changing, and relatively unstructured environment.
- A reputation as a self-starter. The right person will also be adept at working in a team environment to define new processes and policies to ensure a best-in-class AR program.
- Proficient in handling multiple assignments from conception to completion, delivering documented results.
- The confidence, comfort and instinct required to interact with and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders, including executives.
- A strong technical mind with the ability to quickly extract, synthesize, and relay key information from multiple sources without becoming overwhelmed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- A very, very good sense of humor.
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our software forms a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Mobile-Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. VMware empowers over 500,000 customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Cloud, and Software-Defined Data Center..Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With more than 20,000 employees and 100+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today.
Story-telling is at the heart of VMware’s future growth; with great stories we inspire our customers, influencers, stakeholders and employees about the positive impact VMware technologies can have in business and in our communities. We are a team of around 60 communications professionals spanning public relations, analyst relations, content and digital channels, exec and employee communications. It’s a fast paced, dynamic, and exciting environment. We’re looking for team members with a great attitude, who are smart, thoughtful, collaborative and organized, and who thrive at the center of always-on communications.