- What are your coverage areas?
All things Internet Of Things tend to be my opening conversation piece, but given my experience in the ICT industry, the topics quickly go to enterprise infrastructure (including the network side), mobility, carriers, cloud), and now the trendy Blockchain, AI, and Digital Twin gets mentioned. The only thing missing is the kitchen sink.
- What are your opinions of the IT Analysis Marketplace and where do you see it going?
I really think that the industry is ripe for disruption and new business models will emerge. I don’t just mean the way we have the Tier 1, 2 and the rest – I mean how we address an integrated delivery model between B2B2C and the analysts.
- What’s your typical day like?
Each morning, once I can put both feet on the ground and know that I’m alive, then it’s time to treat each day as an opportunity to give back. While I probably spend ¼ of the day researching, I spend ½ talking and meeting customers, and the rest of the day being involved in some form of community give back.
- How do you position your firm? What is your business model?
I am the principal and chief strategist for my company. Born out of my hands on experience and given the nature of the capabilities of emerging technologies such as IoT and Analytics, I feel that customers are looking for the complete end to end solution today, We look at the work and information flow for a customer and layer over the internal, external technology and business processes. We are very much a user-based business.
- What is your research methodology?
Everybody has an opinion, and as a result of that, everyone thinks that they have the best solution. I have always believed in a mix of quantitative, qualitative, and personal experience to give the best advice. To that end, I’m a huge fan of primary research, focus groups, and actual hands on implementation experience with the client. In other words, I don’t take the client up to the restaurant door, rather, I go in with them and sit down and eat with them to make sure that my initial recommendation was accurate.
- Any favourite AR professional you’d like to mention? Any why?
I have 3 favorite AR professionals – Signe Loenberg, Caroline Dennington and Rachel Kuta. They are the best matchmakers between executives and analysts. They are well prepared for meetings and events. Their meetings are always high value – and for years, they all have put up with my stupid Irish sense of humour.
- What are your offerings and key deliverables?
We offer strategic advice in the form quantitative, qualitative reports, always delivered through aa series of workshops. The individual high touch model is critical part of the customer service model. In addition, we can be found at global events, either keynoting or moderating panels. Finally, we are a matchmaker and influencer between the end user and the IT company, and will establish new eco-system models for everyone to succeed.
- Any hobbies or favourite restaurant / food that you’d like to share?
I love just about any sport and any food – so at my edge I have to run everyday to stop me swelling up to the size of a water buffalo. Seriously, though, I love to run , but run for a charity causes – it gives a more sincere reason for wanting to finish a marathon.
- What is your biggest challenges for the upcoming 6 months? And for the next 30 mn?
I love, love, love where the market is today – there is so much great technology out there to change the way we live and run our economies. However, I got too few minutes in each day that I’m scared that I’ll miss something.
- Is there another analyst whose work you rate highly?
Paul Teich – he’s a genius and a gentleman.
- Around Margaret Adam from IDC in 10 Questions
- Around Andy Butler / ex. Gartner in 10 questions….
- Around Vernon Turner from Causeway Connections in 10 questions
- Around Penny Jones / 451 in 10 Questions
- Around Tracy Shouldice / Trend Micro in 10 questions
- Around Shawn Fitzgerald in 10 Questions
- Around Christian Renaud in 10 Questions
- Around Annette Zimmermann in 10 questions
- Around Katy Ring in 10 Questions
- Around Tim Jennings from Ovum in 10 questions
- Around Anthony Mullen from Gartner in 10 questions
- Around Jon Collins from GigaOm in 10 questions
- Around Scott Liewehr from Digital Clarity Group in 10 questions
- Around Dan Bieler from Forrester in 10 questions
- Around Errol Rasit from Gartner in 10 Questions
- Around Ray Wang in 10 questions (redux)
- Around Julie Short from Gartner in 10 questions
- Around Tom Reuner from HfS Research in 10 questions
- Around Rajesh Ranjan from Everest Group in 10 questions
- Around Cindy Jutras of Mint Jutras in 10 Questions
- Around Peyman Mestchian of Chartis Research in 10 questions
- Around Leslie Ament from Hypatia in 10 questions
- Around Chris Lewis from Lewis Insight in 10 questions
- Around Tim Gower from Kable in 10 questions
- Around Duncan Brown from PAC in 10 questions
- Around Phil Hassey from capioIT in 10 questions
- Around Ben Woo from Neuralytix in 10 questions
- Around Phil Fersht from HfS Research in 10 Questions
- Around Mark McGregor from MWD Advisors in 10 Questions
- Around Dean Bubley from Disruptive Analysis in 10 questions