With over 20 joining the IIAR Webinar with Laurent Calot (@LaurentCalot), CEO of the CXP Group yesterday (23rd April 15) who provided a detailed overview of the CXP Group, this was followed by an enthusiastic Q&A session.
Having merged both the end-user business and vendor business of three companies (CXP, PAC and BARC) the CXP Group now provides good positions in both France, Germany and other locations (there are 17 offices in 10 countries) from combination of:
- PAC a vendor based business, strong in France, Germany (actually a French company managed from Germany by a French guy!) – Software & Services.
- CXP built on end-user business in France with a low entry point – Software & Services, it means centre d’expertise des progiciels)
- BARC, looking at BI, German, bought by CXP > Le CXP and BARC merge: ignore local firms at your perils
- … plus Berlecon, bought by PAC Smart move: PAC buys Berlecon
However, there is little remaining from previous partnerships such as the one between PAC and TBR > PAC and TBR announce a ‘strategic global partnership.’ Yep or RADAR PAC does Nordic.
CXP in a Nutshell – From the overview presentation …
Pros: CXP is gaining in importance in Europe, increasing cross-border translations and bringing product sets together and hiring key analysts: Andy Bitterer (ex. Gartner) and Andreas Zilch (ex. Experton)
Cons: Many offerings still national (e.g. PAC Radars) potentially limiting relevance for large vendors
- AR pros should keep a watch on the internationalisation of the CXP Group offerings on the one hand and the impact of CXP Group companies in local markets where they are often deal makers.
A recording of the session and a copy of the presentation are available for members <<Here>>
- Le CXP Group moves to consulting – CEO Yannick Carriou interviewed
- German analyst firms: die große Konsolidierung
- CXP Group – A European analyst powerhouse in formation?
- IIAR Webinar: with Laurent Calot, CEO of CXP Group – April 23 @ 16:00 BST
- Gallic research firms get cosy: after taking on Germany, CXP and PAC merge
- Le CXP and BARC merge: ignore local firms at your perils
- [ANALYST FIRM NEWS] John Leigh joins PAC UK
- Smart move: PAC buys Berlecon
- September IIAR London Forum Featured European Analyst Panel
- Reminder to Register for IIAR London Forum – Thursday, Sept 16th