Splunk is looking for a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join our Marketing team as an Analyst Relations Manager. This is a great opportunity with a strong potential for growth. The role will report to the Senior Director of Messaging and Influencer Programs.
The Analyst Relations Manager is responsible for facilitating regular contact with the analyst community, driving strategic analyst relations programs, collaborating with Splunk sales, marketing, product management and company executives to engage with analysts on new product enhancements, company news and strategic initiatives.
This position will accelerate and evolve the Global AR program helping the company to:
- Develop more strategic relationships with our growing global community of analysts
- Broaden visibility of Splunk, our strategy and products
- Highlight our customers’ most strategic and impactful (ROI) use cases
- Positively shape analysts’ opinions and market perspectivesEnhance and extend global marketing programs using analyst content
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Oversee, develop and execute a range of industry analyst relations programs
- Assist with the coordination of analyst briefings, inquiries and interactions
- Provide guidance on proactive and strategic analyst interactions
- Assist in completing industry analyst surveys – Magic Quadrants, Market Guides, Waves, Vendor Ratings and Technology Audits
- Own a research calendar for core Splunk markets
- Manage analyst firm contract deliverables – strategy days, webcasts, key research deliverables
- Ability to create briefing documents
- Help maintain AR information in internal data stores and on the corporate Web site
- Submit purchase orders and approve payments, track expenses related to events
- Provide feedback on content and prep spokespeople for analyst interactions
- Clearly articulate Splunk value, including product differentiation and vision
- Coordinate execution with other disciplines including PR, product/industry marketing and events
- Manage analyst forum at annual user conference
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5-7years of experience, ideally in B2B technology, in a Public Relations or Analyst Relations setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, Business or related field
- Interpersonal skills to support existing and enhance new relationships with industry analysts, internal teams and others outside the formal lines of authority
- Be a trusted partner internally with the ability to staff analyst meetings, manage timing and meeting flow, share thoughtful notes with stakeholders, own follow up
- Organizational skills required to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced environment
- Be a great team player – willing to jump in and help others, take on new responsibilities
- A proficiency in writing: PR or Journalism background is preferred
- Flexibility to arrange/staff global briefings in multiple geographies and time zones
- Proficient with standard business applications specifically Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PPT
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of “big data”—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 7,900 customers in 100 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk has more than 1,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and regional headquarters in London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Full details and applications <<Here>>