Role: PR/AR Manager
Company: Canonical Ltd
Location: London, UK
About the Job
Canonical is looking for a highly motivated, experienced PR Manager who will lead the public and analyst relations efforts for Ubuntu and Canonical globally to raise awareness of the company’s offerings in both devices and cloud / server. The PR manager will bring extensive experience of developing, managing and delivering impactful PR in a fast-paced, agile environment. The role offers an outstanding opportunity to lead the PR and AR for a truly global brand proposition covering both B2B and B2C.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide a consultative service to the business on how PR can best achieve objectives and take zealous ownership of protecting the reputation of Canonical and Ubuntu
- Develop and circulate a flexible PR plan that supports the marketing teams’, and wider business, goals
- Develop and deliver creative PR campaigns to support product launches and major announcements with some agency support globally. For example phone launches, major cloud products, six monthly product announcements and creative campaigns for raising awareness. Coordinate with web, design, and marketing teams to deliver campaigns
- Write and secure approvals on all announcements, articles, releases, and media pitches and sell-in stories to media to secure high levels of impactful coverage. Maintain press materials on the website
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure steady flow communications to media and analysts
- Respond to crises such as data leaks, security vulnerabilities, legal and industry issues and consult on best practise crises management
- Maintain relationships with key media and analysts to ensure they are kept up to date with the company direction, announcements and industry commentary
- Manage analyst relations and develop a sustainable schedule for executives within Canonical. Develop analyst presentations
- Own the PR responsibilities at major industry events (such as Mobile World Congress and OpenStack Summits) in co-operation with the Events Manager
- Manage PR Officer and ensure their day to day activities are driving results
- Own the search and selection of new PR agencies and suppliers as required
- Own the budget for PR and AR
- Occasionally act as spokesperson for Canonical.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An ability to rapidly grasp a complex product set and a shifting commercial environment
- An ability to influence and counsel to a senior level as well as across all levels of the business (product management, engineering, sales, marketing)
- Experience managing PR in more than one geography
- Excellent relationships with UK media including national, technology and consumer. Global media contacts desirable
- Bachelors degree in Communications or a related field
- Minimum of seven years of relevant PR experience (agency or client side)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (samples will be required of written work)
- Understanding of social media
- Knowledge of Open Source a plus. Knowledge of IT a must.
About the Company
At Canonical we develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular free operating system, with help from a passionate and talented global community of 200,000 people. Ubuntu is an African word that means ‘humanity to others’. We chose it because it embodies the generosity of the community in driving Ubuntu’s development, and the open source model that’s delivered it to millions of users around the world.
Together, we’re building an operating system that runs across phones and tablets, TV, desktop and cloud. It’s secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation. Ubuntu is the future of open source, but it’s easy to use today. We’re best known for our desktop operating system, used by over 20 million people, but Ubuntu Touch brings the intuitive user experience to smartphones, and is now available as a developer preview. And our cloud suite offers a clean, repeatable and manageable stack for anyone deploying private or public clouds.
Our business model is unlike any other. As the sponsor of Ubuntu, we’re uniquely positioned to offer custom engineering, support and training, helping companies to reduce costs and improve efficiency. These optional services generate revenues we reinvest in developing Ubuntu.
We have always been dedicated to creating and supporting Ubuntu, and making it available to everyone. Today, we employ over 600 people in over 30 countries. If you too believe in the power of great software to change lives, we’d love you to join us.
Originally Listed and Contact Details <<Here>>