You would have a chance to be a trusted advisor to senior executives who respect analyst input. You would be taking over an existing successful program but have the opportunity to put your own stamp on it as this group continues to grow.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a paradox. You can think strategically and execute tactically. You enjoy planning and executing on longer term projects such as product launches, events, and major report evaluations; but also enjoy the short-term and unexpected, such as acquisitions and tactical deal support. You are a compelling communicator, adroit influencer, hard negotiator, and peaceful mediator. You can work with a variety of personalities and enjoy analysts and senior executives with all their idiosyncrasies and foibles. You are a natural leader but can execute on orders swiftly. You are accustomed to running your own program and don’t need much direction or handholding as others naturally look to you for AR expertise.
You will report to the Senior Director of Analyst Relations. Preference is for this position to be located in Redwood City, CA, but other locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You will:
- Develop and manage a proactive analyst relations program that ensures regular interaction with analysts who cover Informatica’s products and industries in our MDM business unit
- Lead efforts to ensure Informatica is positioned as positively as possible in major analyst reports, including Gartner Magic Quadrants, Forrester Waves and beyond
- Execute proactive outreach as well as respond to analyst inquiries, monitoring briefings, ensuring that deliverables are provided and suggesting research topics
- Work with sales and LOB heads to provide market research materials for business planning and RFPs, and assist sales in managing analyst impact in deals
- Manage analyst participation at Informatica events and Informatica participation at analyst events
- Analyze relevant industry research reports for industry trends, market sizing and competitive intelligence, keeping management and marketing informed
- Support the marketing team with analyst resources for marketing activities, including negotiating market research projects, Webinars, papers, analyst speaking engagements, etc.
- Periodically communicate program direction and achievements to internal audiences
- 12+ years of experience in development, product management/marketing or communications positions in enterprise software companies with preference for MDM/PIM backgrounds
- 5+ years of direct analyst relations experience while contributing in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working in large, global companies with ability to work through organizational complexity to influence thinking and drive results across disparate geographies and disparate business units
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance and the flexibility to support a wide variety of internal clients
- Experience in looking for new analysts and navigating the large analyst firms
- Experience in targeting analysts in retail, supply chain, ecommerce a plus
- Knowledge of MDM and PIM markets a plus
- Undergraduate degree preferred. Preference given to Computer Science degrees; an MBA or advanced degree would be a plus.
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
- IIAR Certified Professional preferred, although not essential
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
Analyst Relations (AR) is responsible for building relationships with the industry analyst community. You would be responsible for managing analyst relations for the company’s MDM business unit, one of the largest and fastest growing groups at Informatica.
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement and employee stock purchase (ESP) programs, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Location: Redwood City, California, United States of America
Job ID: MKTG08043
Job Title: Senior Manager, Analyst Relations (AR)