Fujitsu – Director of Analyst Relations – Corporate Communications, International Business
Job Purpose – Owns the overall vision and strategy for Fujitsu analyst relations, in line with executive priorities, company direction, and corporate communications plan; develops, proposes, and helps execute analyst relations strategic plan to position Fujitsu as a global ICT player through building strong relationships with key analysts, educating analysts on Fujitsu solutions and differentiation, and enhancing Fujitsu brand preference and inclusion in analyst recommendations to end users; manages remote direct and indirect reports; sets and helps maintain expectations of key internal and external stakeholders, including headquarters representatives in Japan.
Key Responsibilities –
- Develops, secures buy-in to, executes, and assigns tasks that enable a successful Analyst Relations program
- Sets strategic direction, conducts planning sessions, and advises on positioning, tactics, budgetary requirements, and focus of spend for AR activities
- Establishes measurement goals for the overall performance of the team and shows results
- Demonstrates excellent judgement for company’s best interest, strong situational analysis, and ability to negotiate
- Articulates company messages with external audiences to secure support both verbally and in writing
- Ensures “One Fujitsu” in interactions with analysts, by identifying and collaborating with key internal resources across multiple geographies and functions to develop and deliver a global message
- Consults on analyst representation in Fujitsu events, press releases, etc. and facilitates the contracting process between Analyst Firm and Fujitsu procurement/billing
- Creates, implements and manages AR programs at events (industry-led, analyst-led, and Fujitsu-led) around the globe
- Secures and manages budget to provide for appropriate annual AR team access to Analysts (Gartner AR seat, Forrester AR Council, AR Insights/ARchitect, etc.)
- Manages/collaborates with external agency AR resources as part of the extended Fujitsu AR team
- Builds and manages an international AR community
- Contributes to the global AR network (IB and Japan)
- Manages a virtual team and undertakes all activities related to that (sets goals, performs appraisals, approves expenses approvals, etc.)
Key Performance Indicators –
- Develops Analyst Relations Program plan in line with business priorities & corporate communications plan.
- Ability to execute Analyst Relations activities that meet the needs of stakeholders & achieve desired results.
- Manages multiple, complex projects within strategy and budget parameters.
- Builds strong relationships with leaders and team members at all levels to hold valuable interactions with analysts that deliver clear benefit to Fujitsu
- Demonstrates ability to work within existing organizational dynamics to achieve value for Fujitsu.
- Employs industry best practices and integrates them into analyst relations programs and activities.
Required Education and Experience –
- 10+ years of Analyst Relations (preferred) or other communications function experience in the technology industry. Information Technology solutions/services industry knowledge is a plus.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with limited resources.
- Ability to multi-task, quickly prioritize projects, and communicate priorities and status to stakeholders.
- Good relationships with analysts.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to manage resources, develop and manage a budget, and implement success/value measurement techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop positive working relationships with senior leaders, executives, and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications or marketing discipline or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- IIAR Membership preferred, although not essential.
Required Skills –
- Behavioral Competencies
- Agility and flexibility to deal with constant change
- Remain calm under pressure
- Consummate team worker
- Awareness of international time zones
- Appreciation for cultural differences across different regions (especially Japan)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of energy, enthusiastic team player, and dedication to excellence.
- No ego – we are a small, dynamic team and everyone pitches in to get the job done.
- A positive, flexible attitude and a sense of humor are essential.
- Willingness and ability to travel 25-50% of the time to N. America, Europe, Japan, and other locations as needed
- Professional Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Flawless English-language skills (both spoken and written)
- Proven strategic and analytical skills
- Industry knowledge of and interest in ICT Services & Solutions topics
Internal Role Level – Director
Location – North America (preferred) or UK – city flexible
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering note to [email protected]su.com (Fujitsu Marketing HR Business Partner) and [email protected] (Hiring Manager – VP of Corporate Communications, International Business, Fujitsu) by 31 March 2014. PDF version of role description is available here.