Director of Product Marketing, Analyst Relations
Box – Los Altos, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
At Box, we’re rethinking – and disrupting – the traditional enterprise software markets. Box is at the heart of major shifts in consumerization of IT, new worker expectations and having secure access to business content wherever they need it on whichever device of choice. We’ve got 14 million users, One hundred- forty thousand businesses, and a partner ecosystem that includes a who’s who of the cloud industry. We’re privately-held and have raised $287 million from illustrious venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Meritech Capital Partners, Emergence Capital Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Scale Venture Partners and U.S. Venture Partners as well as from SAP Ventures, Salesforce and General Atlantic.
We are looking for someone who is truly passionate about the convergence of content, collaboration andcloud and its potential to revolutionize how people work in this mobile, social, and global workplace. Ideally, the candidate has spent time in outbound marketing functions such as outbound product management, product marketing, or in analyst relations roles and is interested in joining a fast-growing hot enterprise start-up in the Silicon Valley.
This role will be critical in helping to scale out the extensive Analyst Influencer community that the Box analyst relations team works with, including analysts in ECM, Collaboration, Social, Mobile, Storage, Cloud Platforms and Vertical Industries. This person will work closely with executives and subject matter experts across the company, including Marketing, Product Management and Sales. This is a great opportunity to help build and evolve the Analyst Relations program in an emerging, highly dynamic, fast-growing company.
- Passion for content, collaboration and cloud technologies and a proven track record of delivering results.
- Ability to understand business and technology issues and trends and translate it into effective Analyst Relations strategies, messaging, and competitive positioning.
- Strategic thinking, writing, communications, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills with the ability to execute flawlessly against competing deadlines
- Solid organizational skills: proven capacity to manage everything from overall strategy to execution details.
- Excellent interpersonal and executive presence skills, including a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Big thinker who’s not afraid to try out new ideas to elevate our Analyst Relations program.
- Specific focus area may include some subset of areas including ECM, Collaboration, Social, Mobile, Storage, Cloud Platform and new areas to tackle for 2013 for the Box AR program.
- Strategically manage and drive Box awareness and competitive differentiation in above markets through regular analyst engagement via ongoing inquiries, briefings, advisory and relationship building with set of target analysts; communicate analyst feedback to key stakeholders in the company to help guide company strategy and direction.
- Manage message creation and positioning for all analyst related presentations and deliverables, including briefings and advisory sessions and competitive evaluations.
- Enable sales to distribute analyst opinions through training, messaging, and content creation.
- Broaden visibility of Box and our product portfolio, our strategy, competitive differentiation, and customer success.
- 10+ years of enterprise software experience in analyst relations, corporate communications, product marketing, product management functions. Ideally, the candidate has had direct experience in analyst relations as a part of their career.
- Experience working for a fast-growing company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Role will be based in Los Altos, California
We have over 10 million users, serve 92% of the Fortune 500, and have more than 6500 developers building apps on our APIs. Box is on iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone, and integrates with partner such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. We’re privately held and have raised over $287 million from top tier VCs, including Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partners, General Atlantic, Meritech Capital Partners, NEA, Scale Venture Partners, and U.S. Venture Partners. Additionally, we were recently named 18th on Forbes’ list of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies, ranked 2nd Best Place to Work within Mid-Sized Bay Area Companies by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and 4th on the San Francisco Business Times’ list of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
- Posted: November 1, 2012
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Director
- Functions: Marketing, Public Relations
- Industries: Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Internet
- Employer Job ID: oQeTWfwD
- Job ID: 4076229
- Apply on Company Website