Trend Micro: Securing Your Journey to the Cloud
As a global leader in cloud security, Trend Micro develops Internet content security and threat management solutions that make the world safe for businesses and consumers to exchange digital information. With over 20 years of experience, we’re recognized as the market leader in server security for delivering top-ranked client, server, and cloud-based data protection solutions that stop threats faster and protect data in physical, virtualized, and cloud environments.
Reporting to the Director of Industry Analyst Relations, this position will drive and execute both outbound and inbound IAR programs at Trend Micro. Outbound IAR programs focus on the development and fostering of strong, strategic relationships with tier-1 and -2 industry analyst firms such as Gartner, Forrester and IDC. Inbound IAR programs use analyst research/insight on business and technology trends to inform and shape the thinking of executive, marketing and product teams.
- Build and foster effective relationships with designated analyst firms, and key analysts from those firms.
- Design and execute outbound IAR programs, including (but not limited to) analyst briefing plans that support important marketing campaigns (e.g., significant product launches, corporate & partnership announcements, etc.).
- Engage key analysts with company executives and subject-matter experts via a mix of programs, including phone calls, face-to-face interactions and analyst inquiry.
- Drive & coordinate multi-stakeholder activity related to important analyst evaluations and surveys such as Gartner Magic Quadrants, Forrester Waves, and quantitative research requests (market size, growth, share etc.).
- Respond to other day-to-day requests from designated analysts.
- Orchestrate analyst visits with Trend Micro staff (e.g., strategy days), Trend Micro analyst events (such as the annual “Insight” analyst day), and Trend Micro presence at analyst-hosted conferences such as Gartner Symposium.
- Develop, implement and maintain inbound IAR programs that leverage analyst research & opinion to educate internal stakeholder groups and inform key marketing and product strategy decisions.
- Serve as a center of excellence for IAR best practices and partner with key stakeholders (executives, marketing & product teams, regional teams, sales) to educate and ensure that IAR practices are employed consistently across all analyst interactions.
- Develop, implement and maintain outbound programs to keep lower-tier analysts informed in a scalable and replicable way (e.g., newsletters, quarterly webinars, etc.).
- Assist with the management of analyst firm contracts to ensure optimal ROI.
Required Skills & Attributes
- At least five years of IAR experience, or in a related role with regular analyst interaction (e.g., product marketing).
- High personal and professional integrity.
- Superlative relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to influence and lead multi-functional teams on a project-by-project basis.
- An aptitude for explaining technology to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to absorb and synthesize a broad array of third-party research and analysis, and summarize its significance to a broad, cross-functional stakeholder audience, including senior executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to independently manage a high volume of complex, deadline-driven tasks, concurrently.
- BA/BS in Communications, Technology or Business (preferred).
- Familiarity with information and network security technologies (preferred).
- Third-party IAR certification (preferred).
Location: Cupertino, CA or Ottawa, Canada
Interested applicants should email Rob Gegen – Recruiting Manager, Trend Micro Inc.