The Analyst Relations Manager has responsibility for Ofcom’s engagement with investment analysts and for researching, reporting and distributing information across the organisation about companies, markets and other relevant news.
The post-holder will also play a lead role in drafting key sections of the Ofcom Annual Report.
Reporting to the Head of Media Relations, the post-holder will be someone who is an excellent communicator and financially literate.
Closing Date: 19 January 2012
• Managing briefings for analysts: Running Ofcom’s regular briefings for buy- and sell-side media and telecoms sector analysts and industry analysts, including establishing agenda and producing presentation materials.
• Building relationships with analysts: Deepening Ofcom’s relationships with telecoms, media and technology analysts; ensuring that the organisation is abreast of their thinking; handling incoming queries from analysts; meeting, briefing and presenting to analysts where required.
• Advising on analyst engagement: Providing specialist advice to Ofcom colleagues on engagement with analysts on market sensitive projects.
• Tracking analyst research: Proving regular summaries of analyst reports to Ofcom colleagues and identifying issues and trends raised in the reports.
• Developing the analyst website: Maintaining and developing the content on Ofcom’s webpage for analysts (http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/analysts/).
• Monitoring companies’ results: Dialling-in or attending companies’ financial results briefings and writing news summaries for distribution to Ofcom colleagues; establishing and maintaining a communications sector forward reporting calendar.
• Building relationships with stakeholders’ investor relations teams: Ensure stakeholder IR teams understand Ofcom’s programme of work.
• Annual Report drafting: Researching and drafting key sections of the Ofcom Annual Report, in particular measuring and reporting on measurable outcomes for the financial year under review.
• News distribution within Ofcom: Continuous monitoring of newswires, other online sources and anticipated announcements on the communications sector; distribution of summaries and analysis of news to colleagues; writing and distributing a weekly and monthly news summary to Ofcom colleagues.
• Proving communications support: On specific Ofcom policy announcements, handling incoming media and analyst queries in tandem with the Communications Managers in the team.
Essential Skills/ Experience
• Detailed understanding of the quoted sector, financial markets and financial reporting
• First class writing skills; in particular, able to write clear and plain English copy with fast turnaround
• Sharp news sense
• Analytical mind – able to cut through complex issues to see the big picture
• Experience of engaging both internal and external audiences at a senior level
• Experience in corporate/financial communications, financial writing or as an analyst.
• Degree or equivalent level of experience
Desirable Skills/ Experience
• Experience of interpreting financial data and balance sheets
• Familiarity with online news sources and 24/7 media including experience of accessing newswires and online news systems
Team: Media & Corporate Relations team
Group: Content, International & Regulatory Development
Reports to: Head of Media Relations
Job Level: Senior Associate
Job Family: Prof. & Regulatory
Job Location: Riverside House
To apply click here
Closing date: 19 January 2012
Please state your suitability for the role, details of your current package, provide a copy of your CV and complete the diversity monitoring form (found here:http://jobs.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/diversity_form.doc) and send to:[email protected] .
Ofcom is an equal opportunities employer. It wishes to reflect the diversity of contemporary UK society and is therefore actively seeking to recruit colleagues from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds as well as those who have a disability.