Associate Account Manager, Selling To Technology Industry Professionals
Reporting to the Technology Industry Regional Sales Manager, the Associate Account Manager (AAM) has an assigned sales quota that requires cultivating and managing strong relationships with existing Forrester clients. The AAM renews and upsells existing clients by demonstrating value to customers’ critical business issues; works with other internal resources as necessary to formulate strategy; and is rewarded for client retention and enrichment sales. Some travel is required.
Join a global research advisory leader!
In 2010, The Boston Globe ranked Forrester Research as one of the “Top 100 Places to Work” for the second time and in its “Best of Massachusetts Businesses” for the 13th consecutive year. Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, including Amsterdam, Netherlands; Cambridge, Mass.; Dallas, Texas; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Foster City, Calif.; Frankfurt, Germany; London, UK; Sydney, Australia; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Toronto, Canada. Forrester works with professionals in 19 key roles within IT, Marketing and Strategy, and Tech Industry at major companies providing proprietary research, consumer insight, consulting, events, and peer-to-peer executive programs.
Technology industry leaders worldwide, from Vendor Strategy to Sales Enablement Professionals, rely on Forrester for comprehensive, independent analysis that aligns with their organizations’ initiatives, guides their decisions, and increases their business impact to make them more successful every day. As part of our Tech Industry Sales Team, you’ll work with some of the top thought-leading analysts to plan an agenda based on our clients’ top objectives and challenges—including channel and partner strategy, mobile apps, sales enablement, and the integration of social media, video, and other emerging technologies.
* Manage between 30-40 existing clients and maintain a quota in a defined territory.
* Sell to roles such as CMOs, CEOs and Analyst Relations professionals.
* Generate incremental revenues from existing clients by selling additional Forrester products and services and by intelligently managing sales territory and selling activities.
* Maintain an appropriate incremental sales pipeline to achieve account enrichment goals and update/keep Forrester’s sales pipeline system.
* Produce accurate and timely forecasts.
* Maintain quality relationships to retain clients and win referrals to new clients.
* Understand the changing business and technology issues and needs facing our client base.
* Develop account strategy.
* Work closely with research teams to provide client value and feedback.
* B.A./B.S. or equivalent experience preferred.
* Proven sales success in client management or consultative selling.
* Proven experience managing client relationships, achieving revenue goals, and managing personal sales strategies.
* Effective organization and time management skills.
* Strong communications skills, written and verbal
* Good telephone skills.
* Team player.
* Fast learner and at ease with technology.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities and to the transfer of the information provided to:
Forrester’s offices in the US and other countries outside the European Economic Area; and Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.
For further information please click here.