IDC EMEA is seeking a storage industry expert to join its Systems and Infrastructure Solutions team. The successful candidate will become a key member within a large team of industry experts and will be looked upon to provide a leadership/management role for the team’s storage research practice, which includes two senior analysts.
As the Program Manager/Director of Storage Research the individual will be required to plan and execute a European focused storage research agenda, deliver high-quality research projects, provide high levels of customer interaction, and regularly execute on research deliverables. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the research agenda is pertinent to the rapidly changing storage market, and will be expected contribute frequently to market analysis documents. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and maintaining complex models designed to size, segment and forecast the storage hardware market within 16 European countries.
Summary of experience requirements and job functions include:
• College degree, BA, BSc or equivalent and proven experience working within a market research firm, a market intelligence division of an IT company, or a consultancy firm focused on IT.
• Proven business development, P&L responsibilities and project management expertise.
• Proven experience providing in-depth market and product analysis to senior level executives of IT suppliers.
• Ability to manage a team of analysts responsible for covering the European disk storage systems, hard disk drive and tape markets.
• Develop multiple research agendas that provide quantitative and qualitative deliverables for IDC’s European storage team and materially contribute research for each market segment.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint (SPSS and other packages a plus)
• Collaborate frequently with research teams covering adjacent IT markets.
• Strong analysis and writing ability along with proven public presentation and communication skills.
• Fluent English (written and spoken) a must. Other European languages would be an advantage.
The position will be located either in London, Munich or Frankfurt. Some travel is expected.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, IDC offers the chance to join a successful and motivated research team within an industry leading provider of market intelligence to some of the most important companies throughout Europe.
Applications, including Curriculum Vitae, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Storage Program Manager/Director
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted – no calls please.