Burson-Marsteller’s Technology Practice has an opening at the Senior Associate level (5-7 years exp). This is a high profile position with major global clients, providing significant opportunity to not only gain visibility with senior level executives, but also gain new skill sets by working as part of a dynamic, worldwide team of colleagues. The Senior Associate would be responsible for assisting in new business strategies and execution encompassing public relations and IAR. The Senior Associate can be based in Boston, New York City, Chicago or San Francisco.
Role is twofold:
- Leverage existing relationships and grow new ones with industry analysts for the benefit of clients, serving as a primary liaison between client and analysts. Provide strategic counsel on targeting key analysts with recommendations for proactive and reactive contact, as well as program planning and execution based upon an understanding of the marketplace and client business objectives. Internally, work with PR team managers at the strategic level, and direct junior IAR Practice to execute programs.
- Help productize IAR value on client’s behalf and across Burson-Marsteller. This includes conceptualizing, writing and producing deliverables that showcase IAR results, applying Burson-Marsteller’s Industry Analyst Relations ROI-based methodology to build credibility for programs.
Analyst relations experience is required such as outreach to support events and announcements, creating strategic plans, and recommending strategies and tactics to support client analyst relations objectives. Excellent writing, project management and team management skills are essential. Research skills required, including conducting surveys, summarizing findings and writing reports that draw conclusions. Total career experience required: 5 to 8 years. Specific tasks include:
- Drive the analyst relations program to meet client objectives for positive inclusions of the client in appropriate analyst reports, articles and other publications. This translates to proactive thinking on strategies and action items to support client business objectives.
- Understand who the targeted analysts are, and what they’re saying about the marketplace; tracking new analysts via media quotes, competitor Web site postings and releases with analyst quotes.
- Understand the client’s space by reading analyst reports and other coverage, and providing recommendations based upon analyst opinions and projections. Also, work with IAR MD to leverage Burson’s relationship with Gartner appropriately.
- Recommend and execute (with team’s assistance) analyst communications and relationship building campaigns to leverage major announcements, wins, partnerships, etc. within the analyst community, including targeting industry conferences and events. This includes creative engagement strategies, ongoing relationship building, events, briefings, and other paid and unpaid tactics for maximum ROI to the client.
- Provide strategic input to client IAR presentations and messaging.
- Develop IAR plan objectives, strategies and tactics based on both a big picture understanding of the client’s objectives and analyst critical success factors. Provide a rationale for plans and manage hands-on execution by the team.
- Develop and deliver on IAR program reporting metrics.
- Continually provide new ideas on program innovations.
- Attend team meetings
- Provide weekly/monthly IAR activities reports
- Provide insights and ideas, brainstorming recommendations based upon evolving client needs
- Regularly communicate with client to determine objectives, provide counsel, execute programs, and share measurable value-add results of B-M’s IAR services.
- Conduct analyst perception audits: create questionnaires, interview analysts, synthesize information into a strategic analysis with conclusions and next step recommendations, share information with client and execute programs.
- Conduct analyst surveys: create questionnaires, help collect feedback, synthesize feedback into detailed analyses of findings with next step recommendations.
- Write analyst newsletters: conceptualize themes, supervise collection of data, write content.
- Create analyst relation plans.
- Write marcom deliverables as needed including brochures and other materials.
- Create consulting session plans and agendas, pre-briefing documents with value added insights, meeting notes with strategic recommendations, post-event reports, and any other materials necessary to provide strategic IAR counsel to the client, including analyst quote reports.
An undergraduate degree BS/BA. Advanced degree is preferred. Experience in verticals such as education, healthcare and Green IT is a plus along with an understanding of IT sectors including hardware, software and services.
When applying, please include cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Please apply directly to Gustavo Llamas, US Recruitment Manager, Burson-Marsteller, [email protected].