- What are your coverage areas?
Anywhere my research takes me.
- What’s your typical day like?
Read, write and usually a teleconference or two – I avoid real meetings like the plague .
- Now, c’mon, tell me an AR horror story?
Spending a week with Microsoft in Redmond with a constant chaperone – even to the loo!
- How do you position your firm? What is your business model?
It varies – sometimes more vendors – other times more users – it’s whatever we happen to be doing at the time.
- What is your research methodology?
Teleconference is preferable – less time wasted travelling etc – F2F for very in-depth issue exploration.
- Tell us about one good AR practice you’ve experienced or one good AR event you’ve atttended.
Just getting the info resources as they are needed is the best possible AR practice.
- What are your offerings and key deliverables?
Books – called analyst reports by other companies.
- Any hobbies or favourite restaurant / food that you’d like to share?
Hill walking in the Yorkshire Dales – just to get away from it all. Best restaurant in the world is McCoys near A1/A19 junction in North Yorkshire.
- What is your biggest challenges for the upcoming 6 months? And for the next 30 mn?
Biggest challenge is to remain focused – I can’t think in terms of 30 months.
- Is there another analyst (a peer in your firm or with another firm)whose work you rate highly?
Paul Strassman – now a Professor and a member of the order of Party Skunks – only he and I are members so far. Read his stuff – you’ll see why it is special.