The Senior Manager of Corporate Communications will be responsible for driving the media and analyst relations programs. The primary objectives are to secure coverage to increase targeted prospect audience awareness and to maintain our leadership position with industry analysts. This role is also responsible for managing key analyst relationships and managing our public relations firm. This position is located in Arlington, VA.
- Developing the media plan. This includes developing the press plan for announcements, managing the press release pipeline, and identifying opportunities for proactive outreach. This also includes social media tools (e.g. Twitter) and including those in the overall media plan and activity set.
- Defining, measuring and monitoring public relations metrics such as placements. Benchmarking against competitive results and best practices.
- Authoring written public relations deliverables such as press releases and op eds. Ensure written communications consistently reflect our brand and overall positioning.
- Uncovering and packaging news stories with high coverage potential by key reporters and publications. Manage relationships with key industry journalists and influencers (e.g. bloggers).
- Managing the public relations agency relationship.
- Managing industry analyst contracts, briefings and information requests for top analyst firms.
- At least 5 years of directly related marketing experience, and at least 3 years of media relations and analyst relations experience.
- Prior experience working with a public relations agency or managing public relations for a high technology company.
- Knowledge of top business trends and related external issues and events impacted by the use of software technology and software-as-a-service. Background in enterprise software applications or technology is a requirement. Familiarity with reporters, publications, and opinion influencers in the human resources or talent management space is a plus.
- Excellent written skills – proven ability in writing a variety of media communications at a sophisticated level. Examples include: opinion editorials, press releases, and strategic PR plans.
- Strong executive interaction track record. Ability to provide value added thinking and pitch angles to executive spokespeople and can provide background and guidance that increases the effectiveness of media interaction.
- High initiative and drive. Presents a steady stream of opportunities and new ideas in addition to continuous creation of news deliverables such as press releases. Track record of achievement in driving high profile news placements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off (PTO) and paid public holidays, generous health/life/disability insurance, stock options plan, retirement plan, and an annual employee profit sharing/bonus plans among other benefits—as well as a casual work environment and the opportunity to work among the industry’s best in one of America’s fastest growing companies.
Applicants wishing to submit an application can contact Larry Warren, [email protected], Tel: +1- 703-376-8580