2) THE ROLE
The Senior PR/Marketing Manager will be a technosavvy evangelist who drives the company’s service vision and ensures that the messages to the marketplace and press are compelling and consistent. They will be a key member of inter-disciplinary leadership teams to develop strategic, succinct and effective service and marketing initiatives. This is a classic marketing management role in a small high growth technology firm. Responsibilities include marketing communications, public relations, external/industry communications, product marketing, competitive analysis, tactical marketing programmes, events, lead generation and market research.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Marketing
· Become a key figure in transforming UK Broadband into a truly marketing driven organisation
· Help lead the marketing strategies including the development and implementation of overall go-tomarket strategies
· Develop, communicate and execute the quarterly and annual marketing plans (including events calendar) with allocated marketing budget
· Produce and manage a customer satisfaction measurement programme
· Assist sales performance and communicate UK Broadband’s position to key customers, industry analysts and the trade press
· The focal point for all PR enquiries working closely with external PR resources
· Provide input to the UK Broadband strategy by articulating the service/product direction to key customers, analysts and the press by leveraging strong communication and presentation skills
· Analyse market conditions and identify go-to-market strategies for UK Broadband, working effectively with the sales team
· Develop short and long-term market plans for the products and solutions within UK Broadband
· Production of Marcoms and Press Releases including authoring and editing
· Overall responsibility for design and management of the UK Broadband web presence
· Exceptional marketing experience in a ICT organisation
· Will have superior communication and presentation skills that can be leveraged in dealings with customers, industry analysts, and cross-functionally
· within the organisation
· Will possess a minimum of 7 years of significant marketing programme experience
· A demonstrable track record of experience in building and executing a successful go to market strategy and marketing programmes for an ICT
· Knowledge of the telecommunications and particularly the wireless broadband market would be an advantage
· A bachelor’s degree in a business related field
1) THE ORGANISATION
UK Broadband is one of the first UK companies offering customised mobile internet & data services using a 4th
generation of wireless technology called WiMAX. By combining WiMAX technology with licensed 3.5GHz spectrum it is able to offer wholesale wireless connectivity and customised coverage to public and private sector customers. A wide range of products are available through it’s partnerships with systems integrators, service providers and specialist solution companies. UK Broadband’s WiMAX network can be configured as multiple virtual networks to
differentiate groups of users or segregate different services. This network architecture supports the aggregation of multiple public & private sector services, each with unique user profiles and security settings, onto a single shared infrastructure.
The open wholesale approach offers non-discriminatory access to the network allowing service providers to offer innovative new wireless services that can help to stimulate economic development. The ability to combine public service usage and commercial, revenue generating, applications on the same network can be used to significantly reduce operating costs enabling the return of profit, if appropriate, for your organisation.
3) THE CANDIDATE
This individual should thrive in a very fast paced environment where high energy and resiliency are required. The successful candidate will be a highly creative individual who, at the same time, possesses the ability to implement process where necessary.
He/she will work well in a culture, which seeks a collaborative, participative and non-political management style. A bottom-line method of communication is critical to working effectively with the other members of the management team.
The Senior PR/Marketing Manager will have strong technical aptitude ideally including market understanding and awareness of competitors and partners in UK
Broadband’s space as well as the industry as a whole. They must understand technology trends and how wireless broadband can be of value to both businesses and the community. The ideal candidate will have the ability to develop and deliver presentations to both small and larger groups of individuals, and to be an excellent ambassador of the UK Broadband values. The right candidate will have professional maturity and be able to gain support, influence others, handle rejection, reach win/win agreements, and manage conflict. The Senior PR/Marketing Manager will have the ability to act as a player-coach and
provide effective feedback to all levels of individuals within the organisation. It is very important that this candidate be able to demonstrate his/her ability to communicate with individuals at all levels internal and external to the organisation.
For more information, please contact Kelvin Jones, Managing Consultant, FutureSteps: +44 20 7024 9286, Kelvin dot Jones atsign futurestep dot co dot uk