Posted on Thursday 23rd May 2013 by agidonnithorne
QlikTech is looking for a Global Analyst Relations Director
- Contributing strategic, creative ideas for global AR programs that influence.
- Work closely with the global marketing team to develop integrated programs to support product offering introductions and thought leadership.
- Manage strategy across cross functional team with product marketing, competitive intelligence and market development (vertical industry) groups.
- Collaborate and communicate with Analyst Relations leads outside of the Americas to present and report on one unified global program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
Global Analyst Program Leadership
- Facilitate analyst briefings and interviews, preparing analyst briefing tours, presentations, and documents
- Oversee budget, analysis and recommendations for purchased analyst research subscription services.
- Own strategy and execution plan for annual global analyst summit VIP event.
- Spearhead strategy for consistent and impactful global participation in select industry analyst hosted events.
- Respond to analyst inquiries and attend briefings, ensuring that deliverables are provided.
- Develop and monitor an analyst report calendar for coverage potential.
- Work with product marketing, customer reference group and market development to secure positive coverage in analyst reports by creatively pitching and packaging angles for analysts.
- Establish processes for programmatic approach of communication and education of industry analysts.
- Drive content and distribution strategy for subscription analyst reports.
KEY CHALLENGES IN THIS ROLE
- Ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; working pro-actively and independently.
DIMENSIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLE (scope/scale of role)
- Internal: sales, field marketing, corporate marketing, product marketing, partner marketing, PR & AR, partner sales & marketing
- External: media, analysts, customers, influencers, prospects, competitors and partners
- Own influencer relations in US with global program ownership with key stakeholders in other geographies.
Revenue/Cost/P&L/ Budget responsibility
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Track record of solid industry analyst relationships leading to influence and published results.
- Out of the box, disruptive, creative, “think different” approach to developing AR programs to drive influence
- A self-starter with proven project management skills and experience with social media
- A polished communicator who will represent the company in front of discriminating industry analysts.
- Excellent writing skills; expertise “translating” technology for varying audiences.
- Success representing analyst relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans.
- Combines strategic prowess with executional excellence and a “can-do” attitude.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor equivalent preferable
- Over 10 years strong industry analyst relations experience, preferably in enterprise software
Experience (technical, commercial, industry / product / functional expertise, etc.)
Job Requirements (For US – Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance. Please indicate physical and mental effort required to perform the essential functions of the job. Examples include travel requirements, performing complex mathematical calculations, weight lifting requirements etc)· Mobility – up to 10-20% travel
To apply click here.
Filed under: IIAR | Leave a Comment »
Posted on Friday 17th May 2013 by Ludovic Leforestier
Measurement is one of the issues most often raised by AR professionals. A new IIAR Best Practice Paper by David Taylor has just been released. We will be hosting a Best Practice Webinar on the subject on the 13th June. Read more »
Filed under: AR Best practices, IIAR, IIAR Best Practices Paper, IIAR Webinar | Tagged: AR Best practices, IIAR Best Practices Paper, IIAR webinar | Leave a Comment »
Posted on Friday 17th May 2013 by Ludovic Leforestier
If your research firm was a car manufacturer, which one would you be? In the early 20th century, there were hundreds of cars manufacturers and automobiles bought by nobility and industrialists. Fast forward to the present day: mass production has made them accessible to virtually all households and there are now fewer than 10 global car manufacturers. The story is much the same for IT, only on a 30-40 year time frame: just like Hispano-Suiza, few remember Prime Computers, and servers are now bought by business types rather than being operated by an army of lab coats. In other words, IT is becoming more normal from all aspects: financial, procurement, usage… yet more pervasive than ever. Just like you would not think of riding on horseback to fetch your loaf of bread, who could do without accessing email on their smartphone? Read more »
Filed under: AR, Ovum | Tagged: Ovum | 6 Comments »
Posted on Friday 10th May 2013 by Ludovic Leforestier
One of the main issues of AR professionals is often the lack of focus or the wrong priorities for their AR programme. The latest IIAR Best Practice Paper has just been released and covers this aspect. The AR Compass is a framework to uncover business goals and align your AR programme to those goals. During this call, we’ll detail this framework and explain how to leverage it for your benefit. Read more »
Filed under: AR Best practices, IIAR, IIAR Discussion Group, IIAR Webinar | Tagged: AR Best practices, IIAR Best Practices Paper, IIAR webinar | Leave a Comment »
Posted on Wednesday 8th May 2013 by Ludovic Leforestier
WPP Team Dell/PPR-North America is looking for an exceptional Account Supervisor or Managing Supervisor to join a fantastic team dedicated to a large, global technology company. The ideal candidate should have solid media relations skills, be highly motivated and be able to manage multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines. We are also looking for someone to have strong analyst relations knowledge as this will be a hybrid role combining PR/AR. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact with clients, media and colleagues around the world. Read more »
Filed under: Jobs -AR roles | Tagged: AR job, Jobs -AR roles | Leave a Comment »
Posted on Tuesday 7th May 2013 by Ludovic Leforestier
We are delighted to welcome back Gartner on May 22nd for an update on their product roadmap. This will be presented by Jeff Golterman / GVP HTTPS and will take place as a webinar. Read more »
Filed under: Gartner, IIAR Discussion Group, IIAR Webinar | Tagged: Gartner, IIAR webinar | Leave a Comment »
Posted on Monday 6th May 2013 by Ludovic Leforestier
My client is seeking a Corporate Director for the Industry Analyst Relations (AR) office. My client is a leading global IT Solutions provider with over 270,000 current employees and $10billion in global revenues. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of AR professionals that handle their analyst relations activities. Read more »
Filed under: Jobs -AR roles | Tagged: AR job, job, Jobs -AR roles | Leave a Comment »